weight saving tip

Boooooost

Have you done it yet Mr Ward? :)

I would really like to see what happens to the seat belt mount on a drilled B pillar in a frontal impact.

MORF114

just read the article on weight saving from the drag point of veiw and painting a car in white compared to black is not weight saving at all white cars usually need more paint due to poor opacity and black needing less paint due to having great coverage ****ing mongtard i bet a american wrote that.

Seat belt mount would probably be fine but the b post would most likely be ****ed lol

think we should have a mongtard of the month award of a mongtard avatar which you cant change for a month?

Keira

MORF114 said:
think we should have a mongtard of the month award of a mongtard avatar which you cant change for a month?
great idea 8)

but i think with jp around its a forgone conclusion :lol:

MarkTurbo

I see the pictures of all the rally cars with holes cut in their pillars havent turned up yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngsyp

Boooooost said:
I think this may be what he meant but got a little confused ? :)
Looks like they've saved a bit more weight by cutting circular holes out of that passenger side footrest !! :doh: :lol:

Keira

and if you notive, they're running a cross shape bar instead of a passenger door :der: that must save some more weight :lol:

Boooooost

Where is the man of the moment? I've been looking forward to him giving us more ammo to shoot him down with.

Maybe hes had an accident with a 20mm drill! :-o

J

jpward

I've been away on mountaineering week getting in some quality mountain days (slight lack of them due to the non existent summer we are having) and come back to find you muppets still doing the play ground name calling! :lol:

I posed up info on what I found know and have seen in cars and in structures as funny enough I am part of the management team over a 10 floor apartment block being erected so go ahead sling all the mud you want at the messenger I don’t give a flying fork

This was suppose to be a thread about someone looking tips on weight saving but the usual people only seeing the cup as half empty as usual waste server space nice one K :thumbsup:

Boooooost

jpward said:
I posed up info on what I found know and have seen in cars
Did you actually look at the links you posted up? It actually states in one of them NOT to do anything to the structural parts of the car!

So have you done this to your car yet? I dare you lol

Boooooost

jpward said:
as funny enough I am part of the management team over a 10 floor apartment block being erected so go ahead sling all the mud you want at the messenger I don’t give a flying fork
Hmm funny that

jpward said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey dont believe me im only a rocket scientist!
jpward said:
Oh and i asume you mean i am not, dont know how hands on you are but i know i am lol
http://www.army.mod.uk/rlc/the_rhq/crlo/soldier_careers/ammo_technician.htm
I'd of thought youd have to be quite intelligent to be a rocket scientist maybe common sense isnt required ;)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
As this topic is slipping ever deeper into boring obscurity and to change the subject very slightly........................

This week I have had to chip off all the bitumen sound deadening panels from the inside floor pans, front and back, to get at the rust monster and replace parts of the floor but I collected 90% of the bitumen sheets that I'd chipped off, put it in a bag and weighed it, 8.5kg :shock:

A

abmunro

You know a diet for the driver is a big weight saving TIP....

Dooie Pop Pop

stevepudney said:
As this topic is slipping ever deeper into boring obscurity and to change the subject very slightly........................

This week I have had to chip off all the bitumen sound deadening panels from the inside floor pans, front and back, to get at the rust monster and replace parts of the floor but I collected 90% of the bitumen sheets that I'd chipped off, put it in a bag and weighed it, 8.5kg :shock:

told you it weighed quite a lot:lol: i removed the stuff from both front floor pans, i only intended to remove what i needed to but got a little carried away:oops:

i am wondering though wether removing lots of weight from the lowest parts of the car would help the handling much....?

MarkTurbo

jpward said:
I posed up info on what I found know and have seen in cars
You havent though :doh: Where are all the links/pics of cars with holes cut out of the pillars then? :der:

Anyway back to the subject (well sort of :lol: ) This might belong in a different thread but i was thinking yesterday about not removing weight from the car altogether but taking weight from the front and putting it at the back for better weight distribution. Anybody done this? I got as far as putting the battery in the boot then couldnt think of anything else :lol:

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
but taking weight from the front and putting it at the back for better weight distribution. Anybody done this? I got as far as putting the battery in the boot then couldnt think of anything else :lol:
i've finally found a use for jpward :shock:

ballast 8)

cut off his fingers so he's completely incapable of ever using a keyboard, next, fully wrap him in velcro, line the rear of your car from just behind the seats to the tail gate with the other half of the velcro then stick him to your boot floor and move him about as required for spot on handling.

J

jpward

diesel weasel said:
i've finally found a use for jpward :shock:

ballast 8)

cut off his fingers so he's completely incapable of ever using a keyboard, next, fully wrap him in velcro, line the rear of your car from just behind the seats to the tail gate with the other half of the velcro then stick him to your boot floor and move him about as required for spot on handling.

:sleep:

Dribble dribble I am not the waster posting usless coments again and again unlike you I have a life

:focus:

Keira

jp, you keep on about name calling but so far, you're the only one that has called anyone anything, so far we've had keyboard ninjas, muppets and now waster and on top of that, after confessing to spending time up a mountain, no doubt in an anorak of some sort you feel the need to question my lifestyle. :roll: .which, i hasten to add you know nothing about....

its obviously completely escaped you, but you havn't actually posted anything useful in this entire thread tbh :shock:

At the end of the day, i have a gtir that is probably down to under 1000kgs including the cage being fitted (will know for sure when its finally weighed, i've almost definately spent more time than most getting rid of weight from the car so i have plenty of useful information that i could add

its just a damn pity that i'd rather be an asshat :lol:

Last edited: