Track day upgrades?

STEVEN878

Ill need to try and move the engine to get the filter to fit. I really don't want to add more hoses, etc and relocate the filter, as its more work and more to go wrong.

STEVEN878

I text my mate to get me a 200sx filter this morning, he says its the same as the pulsar filter and the only one that was shallower is for a Suzuki alto :-/

anyways all up and running again and no leaks :)

cheers for the help guys :thumbsup:

STEVEN878

The standard filter touches the pipes on the rack and wont go into place, but the suzuki alto one seems fine so far, but only had the car running for about 25 minutes checking for leaks and topping up oil levels, etc.

STEVEN878

Does anyone know if the standard rear anti roll bar is adjustable?
reason for asking is i was fitting a new handbrake cable and noticed 3 holes at either side of the bar.

whytie

No it's not adjustable and has only 1 hole either side, sounds like you have a whiteline or some sort........... Bonus

STEVEN878

Yeah most likely mate. The diff, etc is powdercoated silver, so seems strange to paint the arb black.

think ill need to paint it silver

Braveheart

That's good news that you have adjustable rear ARB's....... cold wet weather soft, hot grippy dry track hard... obvious I know.
First time out, I set them stiff thinking the OE ARB's were stiff. Spun the car twice on my first trial at KH.
I set them slack and the car did not step out the rear..... You have more permutations now... play with NS / OS tyre presures as well to try to find a sweetspot for your driving style.

Jon Olds

Remember KH in my pulsar. Sleet coming down during drivers briefing, running Pirelli RS5 tyres. Rubber was like leather, think I nearly spun on every corner on the track. Embarrassing. Lesson learnt. Hard rubber, zero degrees doesn't work