Tow Eye Covers...

Dooie Pop Pop

nice mask...do you wear that when you post or just at 'bedtime?'

now go make me a flat carbon bonnet ffs:roll: ;-) :lol:

O

Odin

Toby your a real GTIROC asset mate, Keep up the good work fella.

Have you thought about building tweeter pods in to the top of your pillar mounts ?.

Rob

CruiseGTi-R

Dooie Pop Pop said:
nice mask...do you wear that when you post or just at 'bedtime?'

now go make me a flat carbon bonnet ffs:roll: ;-) :lol:
you could throw yourself into a tub of cow shit wearing the mask and still not smell anything.

if i leave it off its fibreglass-bogies, also good fun.

I've carbon fibre sheets on my dining room table....

CruiseGTi-R

Thunder God said:
Toby your a real GTIROC asset mate, Keep up the good work fella.

Have you thought about building tweeter pods in to the top of your pillar mounts ?.

Rob
Cheers mate.

Yeah I have considered it, but reckon it would sound a bit harsh pointing right at your head. Would look nice though. Am doing these for a fella though, tweeter as part of the door pod:

CruiseGTi-R

I've got a very rough holeless one. I'll get a pic up.

I'll sort holeless/bubbled/other special ones once I clear a few normal ones.

Thanks for hanging in there, bumper should look nice and clean without the hole.

CruiseGTi-R

Here some pics of the fixing I've come up with.

You won't have to drill any holes in your bumper, think that would be grief to do and makes a mess of the bumper anyway.

So, the top bracket i've formed into a hinge, you drop it in and swing it down and it clamps in nicely.

The bottom one then bolts in and clamps down to the bumper.

This one is for matt-sab (yellow primer), he's gonna check fit on his when he gets it asap.

I'm just making my way through the thread in order of post/pm's.

Bolts will be cut down, they're shown a bit long, and the ones for the top clamp I've capped off in fg and smoothed over so you don't see the heads.

Any suggestions, tips on the fixings welcome, been a headache working out something which is strong and don't involve butchering the bumper.

(Price includes all the fixings ;-) )

Cheers, toby

P

pulsarpaul

Any chance of selling me one of those baby's? If you can a nice flush one/no hole, painted in black with the hidden screws.

CruiseGTi-R

Tony-turbo said:
Dont forget me, i pm'd you agers ago,

Flat in grey please matey, or primer if its cheaper

Tony,
Haven't forgotten you fella ;-) . Flat ones just take a bit more time to do.

(Bopper, they are the same price as normal ones, so £25 painted, £20 primer - both delivered prices for UK).

Cheers, toby

CruiseGTi-R

This is the first tow eye cover that I've clear coated as the fella has a cleared bumper. Suprised myself how shiny it came out. Thinking about doing my whole car :-D .

[SIZE=+0]
Let me know if anyone else prefers clear coat. Its more work
(needs wet n drying, re-paint cut throughs, wet n drying before clear coating etc). Leave it to you lot if you wanna throw in say a couple of extra quid for the finish :oops: .

I assume the rest are ok with normal paint finishes?

Cheers, toby[/SIZE]

Last edited: