Tow Eye Covers...

CruiseGTi-R

I'm a fat whore...

Normally I don’t like showing unfinished products, but this one’s too rare to keep under wraps.

The original one is on the left, my bare fg reproduction on the right. Needless to say it needs final finishing, primer, paint and laquer – will put up final picky shortly.

For the fixing, I can do either a clip method (like Nissan – but it’ll fall off like the Nissan ones) or better, two small countersunk bolts up through the bottom and through the bumper lip (all hidden) and a ridge/clip up the top. Should give more than fives miles of service this way - just carry a small screwdriver if you do breakdown :grin: .

Rather than the £47 Nissan charge, I’ll deliver for £20 ready primered, OR £25 delivered in colour of choice + laquer. Bolts included if preferred. pm/post for non UK postage.

A coupe of you requested that the flanges of the cut out were flattened right off – for very tight FMIC pipe runs, just let me know if you prefer this.

Think I just found some rocking horse poo :-D

Cheers, toby

Last edited:
C

Crazy

I will be ordering a fully painted black one in the next week or so.

paz

CruiseGTi-R said:
Normally I don’t like showing unfinished products, but this one’s too rare to keep under wraps.

The original one is on the left, my bare fg reproduction on the right. Needless to say it needs final finishing, primer, paint and laquer – will put up final picky shortly.

For the fixing, I can do either a clip method (like Nissan – but it’ll fall off like the Nissan ones) or, better, two small countersunk bolts up through the bottom and through the bumper lip (all hidden) and a ridge/clip up the top. Should give more than fives miles of service this way - just carry a small screwdriver if you do breakdown :grin: .

Rather than the £47 Nissan charge, I’ll deliver for £20 ready primered, OR £25 delivered in colour of choice + laquer. Bolts included if preferred. pm/post for non UK postage.

A coupe of you requested that the flanges of the cut out were flattened right off – for very tight FMIC pipe runs, just let me know if you prefer this.

Think I just found some rocking horse poo :-D

Cheers, toby
:lol: Clever bastard ;)

paz

MonstR

You are a genius!! I'll have one in red please my good sir, just let me know when u want the moola!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Could you do a cover without the slot for those that have removed the tow eye for the front mount pipe runs?

CruiseGTi-R

Fast Guy said:
Could you do a cover without the slot for those that have removed the tow eye for the front mount pipe runs?
Yeah this should be straight forward enough to do - am also looking at one with a 'bubble' over the tow eye hole should people prefer the look.

I'll post up pics when one of these is finished.

Cheers for the comments guys - I'll pm those who want one when they are ready to post out. Won't be long from now as mold is all done, just finalising the finish and the fixing details.

Cheers, toby

CruiseGTi-R

Sorry, shit explanation. On mine the tow eye pokes through just enough that a flat tow eye wouldn't quite fit. So i'd form a recess in the cover to accommodate the tow eye.

I reckon its just cos my tow eye has been bent about though - I'll do flat ones anyway and you can try em out - if they don't fit you can swap it for a normal one with hole or a 'bubbled' one.

maz

Brilliant Cruise, they sound fantastic :) il be interested in a flat faced one aswell, so it would be great if you could get some pics of that mate! thanks and well done

boucherie

id be interested in one in primer with the hidden bolts, but i need to get my bumper back on and see how tight it is against the pipe run.

il keep you updated

Dooie Pop Pop

dont wanna **** in you puddle mate but i paid £37 from nissan for mine. still a bargin though imo. why didn' t you do this 2 years ago :roll: :-D

CruiseGTi-R

£37 is a good price, but I think thats without VAT?

I'm trying to improve Nissan's cover too - something to stop it falling off, flatting the hole flanges right off (for close pipe runs) but I've worked up a version without the hole too, looks good so far.

Bit more fiddling and I'll be able to start sending out orders.

I didn't have a pulsar two years ago :cry:

Last edited:
R

Riggsbie

Can you add me for a painted black one ?

I own one of those very rare Black GTiR's ;)

Thanks mate, let me know when you need paying........

Gray

Good man!

I just bought mine from Nissan though an cable tied it on
It was £42 though not £47

£25 quid painted is bloody cheap though

I think you're going to be overran with orders lol

CruiseGTi-R

Cheers mate.

I'm just trying to sort the backing mould and then I can start to knock em out (have to be super accurate with the covers or they will have a shit fit).

J

jpward

Good job mate nice to see someone providing a solution to a common problem maybe your next project could be on the Rally Grille remake im sure there will be enough interest in it to make it a "worthwhile" project for you!

A

alfyboy

ill have a flat 1 please mate.
Any word on that email address for my mates forum?

Top job by the way :)

CruiseGTi-R

Right, here's a progress pic, a little family of tow eye covers :-D .

I'm popping one from a mould every night so that I'll have a steady stream of them 'in stock' kinda thing, rather than people waiting when they want one.

The non-holed ones will follow once a first batch of normal ones have gone out.

First ones will go out start of next week, need the weekend to paint/finish. I'll pm people ref their orders etc. Thanks for being patient.

Cheers, toby