Speedo conversion

Spiderman

After reading threads and looking at the wiring diagrams i attempted to convert my 92 import Pulsar. When i had the clocks out the plugs did not fully match the wiring diagram so i chickened out. Can somebody look at the info below and confirm that i splicing into the correct wire. I believe i need splice the chip into the grey and yellow wire?

The speedo converter i am using is an SP2000 Blue Chip - it came with car!?

Back of speedo.jpg

speedo wiring diagram.jpg

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Possibly people are not entirely sure what you're asking.

Are you saying that the diagram you've been given doesn't match your car:
If the circuit/plugs on your car don't match the diagram, then the chances are pretty good it's for a series II car (and yours is a series I). I'm pretty sure Bob has had sucess in converting them by just switching the printed circuits over.

Are you asking how to wire-up the convertor you've got:
There is a sticky somewhere about this; I'm pretty sure it's the red, green, yellow, and black that you connect-up.
Obviously the red and black are power and earth... er... I know mine isn't spliced into anything; it's got ring connectors on it, and they're connected to the back of the speedometer gauges. However, mine is converted, but it's not delimited.
I'll find you a link for that sticky because I'm not being very helpful here...

Spiderman

OK ill take some pictures of the back of my speedo and the wires this weekend and see if i can ask the question a bit clearer

Spiderman

Here goes hopefully a bit clearer.
speedo.jpg

Is the yellow and green wire highlighted by the red arrow the signal wire for the speedo?

Spiderman

Speedo converterd

:-D all sorted

For info it is the solid green wire in the black connecter that is the speed signal wire.