Raising the compression?

M

mynheers_a_pint

i don't think its over tightened. Maybe i have mentioned the wrong belt as it is still a little slack but ok now.

I hope it's not the loom, though. That would be very worrying. Where abouts do i find the starter solenoid and how would i test if there was a fault?

The smell hasn't appeared again and earlier i decided to test it and went out. after being left an hour it started first time.
My biggest concern is i am supposed to be going to goodwood tomorrow for a crazy day and i really hope my car will make it....

M

mynheers_a_pint

nimhbk said:
Alternator Fella, sounds identical to the problems i had 3 months ago.
take the belt off, and turn the motor over and see if it still plays up
Brand new alternator 6 months ago....

Though i guess it's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

put a volt meter across the batt terminals and check voltage reading.
should be between 13.5 and 14.5v if it is then that illiminates your charging prob.

sounds to me as though the starter solenoid is working but the dog on starter isnt engaging (hense spinning noise when trying to start)
if this is so, then just bin the starter and get another unit

M

mynheers_a_pint

pulsarboby said:
sounds to me as though the starter solenoid is working but the dog on starter isnt engaging (hense spinning noise when trying to start)
if this is so, then just bin the starter and get another unit
that is what it sounds like as there is a bit of a grinding noise.

saddler

ashills said:
if thats the drivers side mount then i have a mount thats near new already pressed in want £20 for it complete
Don't need one m8.. I need to remove it so it can be chromed ? Can you just buy this bush from powerflex ?

saddler

Chrome for me is better all round.. the finish if done correct is better.
It don't water stain..so if im working on my engine with water..
i dont need to keep going back with the autosol to clean up the stains that cleaning products have left behind.. it also will not lose its finish on part the cant be cleaned by hand..you can clear lacquerer polished parts but then you lose the chrome finished look...

Rage

What is what in engine mounts

Hi

I have both gearbox mountings (the long, not the round) from Nismo, and Im wondering in buying another mount from powerflex.

Im looking at the parts name, and it says:

"Engine mount kit - Gearbox upper Front"
"Engine mounting - Upper Engine Mounting"
"Engine mounting - Gearbox rear"

The reason I ask, is that all of the producers has a different name for the parts.
I think the one I need is the upper engine mounting one, is that correct? The round one, or are there more long mountings?

Thanks for any answer.

Animaldaz

There are only 2 long mounts (stabilizers) and 3 round mounts on the whole engine/gearbox assy.
Which other one is it you want to replace?
The 2 long ones go on the front and rear of the engine, there is a round mount at the timing chain end of the engine and there are 2 round mounts front and rear on the gearbox.

MORF114

upper engine is the o/s mount the big round one above all the pulleys.
gearbox upper front is the one on the front of the box next to the gearbox oil fill hole.
Gearbox rear is the one............ you guessed it its at the back of your box.