Racing the Pulsar

dencon

Well done to you both. also had my last sprint today, but as the R has done 18 events with 17 wins I thought it needed a rest so took my 22B instead. this is fitted with 2.5 cosworth but could not get near my best time with the R . look out next year when i hope to be lhd. den.

bracpan

I have been thinking of making a front spoiler for the Pulsar out of G/f... it has to look as if it was made for the car as not to atract to much attention, if any body has any ideas or pics please let me know...and yes I will do a mould of it.
cheers
Phil

Jon Olds

If it has some sort of front splitter built in I'm interested. Not too low though. Also, brake cooling is massively important to the rally brigade

dencon

I would be up for a splitter to cut down the amount of air going under the car. Biggest problem is on and off the trailer. Need to keep it light as possible.
Flat floor and your diffusser should do the job. cheers den

bracpan

I agree with the "not to low" as trailering it is important...will give it some thought and do some drawings or pics before. I wont cover the normal brake ducts so they can still be used I have an idea that it can be bolted on below the normal front panel, that also makes it easy to replace if damaged. Stuart's is very good. Might even do a front undertray to run from it below the engine.
Phil

bracpan

Sturdy yes totaly agree,,,but does it work ? Doubt it very much plus its to dam heavy and to be honest quiet agricultural but a resonable effort...(im not going to start on the rear diffuser they did)
The best salon cars to look at are the DTM some amazing aerodynamics on them...but sadly I cant use on my car as the regs dont alow...Have to be a lot more subtle.
Another one ive been looking at is the new GTR..very nice undertray and spoiler. Or I will see if I can adapt one from another car....
Plenty of time over the winter.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
One thought. If you do the undertray, will it be seperate? As it could be a pain to have to remove the whole front spoiler each time you wanted to work under the front of the engine.

dencon

What we need is something very light, projecting forward no more than 75mm, downword no more than 30mm. with small undertray, backword no further than inner edge of rad, all bolted to underside of bumper with couple of light stays, easy to replace as its likely to be damaged quite often on my car at least. I have a spare bumper off my new build free to use for a few months if of any help. cheers den.