Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

Mart, thats great to know, I will see if I can get the PAR selector fork, will email them later.. and also speak to The Gearbox man on Monday as he built the box 2 years ago (did a great job and know this is not his fault in any way) and see what he advices.....I have my old box here but that was making rumbling noises and dont think it would last to long with the power I have now....Plus its a pain to change and only want to do it once..
Just hope it did not do any damage to the rest of the box.
Phil

bracpan

I belive the fork is a week point on the box so went for that first...if it was the syncro I would have thought I could have got it into gear moving or standing still but there is nothing there were 3rd and 4th were,,,,but ill get the box out and get it stripped before ordering anything.
Thanks
Phil

P

pulsarboby

as pmd phil thats what happened to mine (exactly the same) no crunching or any teeth rattling noises but destroyed 3rd gears, synchro hub, and baulk ring, it was one holy mess when end case was removed, but like you i thought it was just a snapped selector.

bracpan

Ouch,,,,keeping my fingers crossed......there again the wife might get some work done around the house because if its that much damage ill probably be out until next year..such is life...and Motor Racing...

vss irvine

Yeah the call's do go via a knocking shop in chille......

Oi wheels?
i dont need any in the middle of morcambe bay thanks!

im on it mate, ive spoke to him and im collecting them at the end of the month on my way home.

soon they will be yours...............

red reading

Ahh your back at work,I'll Did try to call you (and i was on the phone to stu when you called),I was just reminding you about them.

bracpan

VSS many thanks for the offer, got things sorted tonight or at least I know where to go next, all I have to do now is get the dam thing back out again...then we will see what damage there is...
Will keep you informed.
regards
phil

bracpan

Bit of luck it was only the 3rd& 4th gear selector fork, just waiting for the delivery of a forged one from PAR...many thanks to all that have help sort things out over the last few weeks. Will hopefully get the car back runing soon.. plus have made a few more mods while the engine is out.
Phil.

STU666V

Bit of luck it was only the 3rd& 4th gear selector fork, just waiting for the delivery of a forged one from PAR...many thanks to all that have help sort things out over the last few weeks. Will hopefully get the car back runing soon.. plus have made a few more mods while the engine is out.
Phil.
Good news Phil :thumbsup:

bracpan

There will be picture taken of the box as its being rebuilt, I took some quick pics of the fork before I sent it off today.
Cheers
Phil