K-Sport Coilovers - Group Buy Feeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

The only thing putting me off coilovers is the stiffness of em. But i guess you dont get comfort and grip, its one or the other.

I had Gaz coilovers in my 309 turbo and the were a right pain, bounce all over the road after u hit a bump.

Kev@Apex

We are sending a "test" set out to Alan, with 5.3Kg front springs and 4Kg rear springs which he will then give feedback on suitability for road use, and check they arent too soft and bottom out. If this test is succesful then we can supply these spring rates to those wanting a more road based setup rather than track setup.

sadsy

sadsy said:
i will have a set when you get things sorted :)
Jumping in too quick! im gonna go for some teins cos i need them pronto, killer deal though, im getting the arb's when YOU ALL PAY UP!!!:whip2:

20vturbogaz

what spring rating would you guys think is best for scotlands crap roads. i don't want it to hard.
cheers

Fazz

Can we get an update here please?

Has the new spring setting been tested yet?

Rob - did you get your replacement springs and is there much difference?

Are these in stock or is there a waiting issue? Or is this just a no go?

O

Odin

Fazz said:
Rob - did you get your replacement springs and is there much difference?

I'm still waiting for the feed back from the person who is trying out the softer springs ;-) .

Rob

youngsyp

Can the guy with the development kit please get back to us as, I might be in the market for a set of these now, having been let down, it seems by my D2 supplier !

youngsyp

Just to add to this, I now have a set of D2's fitted with the 5.3 KG/mm front and 4 KG/mm rear springs and the ride is just a fraction stiffer than OE dampers with uprated and lowered springs.
That's with the dampers set up with 3 turns front and 5 turns rear (still fiddling).

The chassis control is much improved though and I would recommend this set up, with the K-Sports to anyone who want's decent handling with the GTiR !

PaulB

They sound like good spring rates those.

The price on the first page of this thread are quite cheap, I thought Rishi had amended the price?

Kev@Apex

Alan got the test set and then sold the car, his testing wasnt conclusive, I can supply with 5.3/4Kg spring rate but am looking as dampers with longer travel as I still think the springs are too soft for the short throw dampers as they are designed to run with 7/5 springs.

youngsyp

KevD said:
Alan got the test set and then sold the car, his testing wasnt conclusive, I can supply with 5.3/4Kg spring rate but am looking as dampers with longer travel as I still think the springs are too soft for the short throw dampers as they are designed to run with 7/5 springs.
Kev, I can confirm that the 5.3 front and 4 rears work very well on the road. That's not just pool table smooth roads either but, pot holed roads and roads with speed bumps.
I find that the springs and dampers control the travel very well and I have mine very soft with just 3 turns front and 5 turns rear !

Cheers

Paul

PaulB

Bad crack if youve been robbed Ed, theres no need for it. Come on Crazy, sort it out :thumbsup:

Youngsyp, good feedback that, im really tempted by these, but i just dont have the cash, il be keeping those spring rates in mind though !

Status
Not open for further replies.