How To Remove the Aircon

W

westy_y2k3

some one told me you need it removing for a front mout is that true by any chance btw i am new to this and just bought a gtir totally standard bout 3 weeks ago and love it. hope fully get some pics loaded once get the hang of the site.

smiler

could you just get a belt from nissan but get one from one without aircon. I've got an 845 belt on just and it's doing my nut in squeeling all the time.

M

mynheers_a_pint

I removed my aircon at the weekend, and without sounding cocky- it was a piece of piss. I used the 845e and i have no problems what so ever- it's not even set to it's tightest setting and no a squeek... so far. The 825e was far too tight.

Only question i do have is, now my aircon is gone, heater seems to blow hot air on much lower settings- it's either cold or hot- anything about about 22 on the slider is hot air. Is this standard or could i have cocked up bleeding my coolant when i replaced the rad with my alloy one?

Tim

I have one bolt to remove and i've done this ... I even got the 825e belt on with very little effort!

I have a flexi head ratchet spanner, and STILL can't get enough on the bolt up behind the turbo elbow, my spanner fouls against the oil return pipe, and i think that's my problem! :( I need an grinder to shorten it a little!

I removed the radiator, etc to get to the compressor, i could not get it out any other way!

nex

I got mine off without moving a thing, only took 2 hours and thats with a big fmic too. only tricky bolt was on the bracket that holds the pump to the block, make sure you remove it, it weighs about 2 kilos. belt wise i used a 843mm from my local motor factors (6 rib). Found the altenator didnt have enough adjustment in it really to tension anything properly so took it off the tensioner, knocked it all the way towards the floor, belt on then pulled it up, ended up with a real nice fit without any strain or issue.

Spikey

I just got the dash out and wodered if there is a way to remove the Aircon box in middle oh heater ???

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The only thing you need to remove inside is the heat exchanger or whatever it is that attatches to the bulkhead pipes and you can do that with the dash in.

whytie

Yes leave everything in under the dash, if you take it out and turn your heaters on it becomes very loud and Air blows everywhere when you turn the heaters on.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The only thing you need to remove inside is the heat exchanger or whatever it is that attatches to the bulkhead pipes and you can do that with the dash in.
The glovebox comes out, and you can then remove the heat exchanger without touching much else IIRC
If you put the box back in without the exchanger in it, then everything else still works as it should.

skiddusmarkus

That's what I did, was a while ago though.Seem to remember smashing up a matrix inside and then putting it back together so it sealed and the blower still worked without leaking.

GTIR1000

took the aircon out yesterday too about 1 and half hours. so easy with the rad out and def recommend and offset spanner like above made life so easy :)