help with camshafts

Abit low on the box ed,

Engine turbo etc 12 k
ecu and sundries /sensors and mapping 3k
Gearbox with the full works 7k+

then you need brake's , diffs, roll cage and to seam weld the shell at the front as the car tries to rip itself apart
Like I said that's an "at least" price based on using either a Quaife or being able to pick up a second hand PPG. But I think we're both thinking about the same overall ball park figure to do the whole car (25k + labour). I think nasser will struggle to get it finish my a target date of August if he's not going to start ordering parts for another 3 months (edit - just saw your comment Danny about ordering the PPG now)

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

mate have you ever been in a situation when you want something so bad you would do what ever it takes to get it. well that's the situation i am in.
Seriously consider buying it already done, you will save an absolute fortune.I had my engine built with overkill in mind by having stuff people don't usually bother with fitted eg steel rods, jun(cosworth)crank studs, very rare non ap headstuds(from tony bardi motorsport, think they are nismo)and by the time everything is added up for the engine its going to be close to £10k.That's before the transmission is added on.

There's someone on here selling an engine that made 480bhp already.Do yourself a favour and buy that or something similar.Even better if they have a quaife, buy that too and buy a gt3071.Run 1.8-2 bar and you'll make the 450bhp you want and do it in your £5k budget and it will be ready for your birthday in august.

MarkTurbo

Sounds like another dreamer to me, anyone want to place bets and this never happening or getting broken for bits in a year or so :lol:

skiddusmarkus

Does anyone know the standard cam figures and so how much extra overlap I will be running on these Tomei 260/12mm lift cams, asuuming 260's are set to zero?
The figures for the Tomei cams are here:

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/e076_cam_SR20DET.html#procam

It won't display the image, but the specs are mac valve lift 7.88mm, valve timing centrline(deg) 110/120/115, base circle 32 with some funny symbol I don't recognise.

Last edited:

paz

Sounds like another dreamer to me, anyone want to place bets and this never happening or getting broken for bits in a year or so :lol:
I'm going for option A, and I'm prepared to bet a bag of wotsits, and a half eaten mars bar :)

stumo

I'm going for option A, and I'm prepared to bet a bag of wotsits, and a half eaten mars bar :)
i wouldn't bet fuckall.

[video=youtube;2w1g-idt-8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1g-idt-8U[/video]

johnny gtir

i wouldn't bet fuckall.

[video=youtube;2w1g-idt-8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1g-idt-8U[/video]
:thumbsup: i will second that. i have never worked it out properly but £25,000 + just running 320 bhp about ready for the bigger turbo now and still plenty i could do to my car yes i could of been 400+ a while ago but its not making the power thats hard its keeping some reliability once you make it

red reading

:thumbsup: i will second that. i have never worked it out properly but £25,000 + just running 320 bhp about ready for the bigger turbo now and still plenty i could do to my car yes i could of been 400+ a while ago but its not making the power thats hard its keeping some reliability once you make it
wise word's from that man......ps carbon,se nissin reverse scoop bonnet is in my workshop

stumo

wise word's from that man......ps carbon,se nissin reverse scoop bonnet is in my workshop

Yup, it's making it nice to drive and having it as reliable as possible. It all takes money.

Nasser, we've seen it all before, many times.... i'm gonna build a monsta etc etc....they've all been bullshitters and i can't see you breaking that tradition.

I hope you prove me wrong but until then, get used to the crap.

skiddusmarkus

Does anyone know the standard cam figures and so how much extra overlap I will be running on these Tomei 260/12mm lift cams, asuuming 260's are set to zero?
The figures for the Tomei cams are here:

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/e076_cam_SR20DET.html#procam

It won't display the image, but the specs are mac valve lift 7.88mm, valve timing centrline(deg) 110/120/115, base circle 32 with some funny symbol I don't recognise.
Just to try and make the thread useful when people are doing a search, can anyone answer this?