Help needed broken spark-plug TIP, Now with engine pics

pesh90

Just like to thank all the people how have rang me, and the advice on the forum peolpe have given me :wink: ....I'll try and get a picture of the spark-plug asap...once i get some wheels :cry: ...Thanks again :wink:

pesh90

Dooie Pop Pop said:
any update fella?
None yet fella, Went to the garage armed with my digial camera, to take a picture of the spark plug but the R was'nt there :? ..I find out the R is at a secert location :lol: , but on the plus side the engine will be coming out hopefully end of this week :wink:. When they take the engine out should find out how fooked it is :cry:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
pesh90 said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
any update fella?
None yet fella, Went to the garage armed with my digial camera, to take a picture of the spark plug but the R was'nt there :? ..I find out the R is at a secert location :lol: , but on the plus side the engine will be coming out hopefully end of this week :wink:. When they take the engine out should find out how fooked it is :cry:

So i take it as soon as you find out what caused the failure you can then decide who was at fault... Build, remap or other...

Rishi

pesh90

Engine got taken out today and this is what was found :shock:

Picture's are'nt that good quality :oops: .... :cry:

JIMMYBACK

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? shit....so wots the result then matey? block fcuked pistons melted.wots the cause of this damage?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Detonation by the looks of it. Poor mapping possibly? but could be down to other things.

pesh90

DET,DET,DET,DET....DETONATION..Thats what i've been told plus what else can cause that kind of damage to my pistons :? ... Now im going to sluk :evil: :cry:

A

AJ4

he he, from the look of that cylinder you wont have to re-hone it, looks like the piston did a good enough job for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can clearly see what the problem is from the first picture - whoever built the engine forgot to put the bolts on the main bearing caps :D:D

Only joking bud, sorry to see it, you must be gutted :(

pesh90

AJ4 said:
he he, from the look of that cylinder you wont have to re-hone it, looks like the piston did a good enough job for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats sad bud, sorry to hear it :(
:lol: :lol:...To depressed to think about the R... :cry: , it spends more time in the garage than on the road :evil:

D

deslynam

Not directly related, but just incase you or others don't know - the cross-hatching that's visible on the cylinder walls IS supposed to be there.

The rest of the 'features' though, erm... well, just gutted for you, especially after you've forked out so much in the past on it. :(

A

AJ4

deslynam said:
Not directly related, but just incase you or others don't know - the cross-hatching that's visible on the cylinder walls IS supposed to be there.
lol, have another look at the pic, honing marks are 10 micro inches deep if that, not gouged out to half a mil ;) :D

D

deslynam

AJ4 said:
deslynam said:
lol, have another look at the pic, honing marks are 10 micro inches deep if that, not gouged out to half a mil ;) :D
... goes to look at the photos again and realises that he shouldn't have glanced over them quite so quickly... ;)
fair point! :lol: Probably shouldn't be quite so many of them either - ouch!

A

AJ4

I know, I wonder how it happened to make those marks though cause like you say, they look like a honing pattern :?: Very bizarre...

Nigell_d6

I would say rings chattering in fright,

Once you find out what you need, get in touch as I have a complete short block in the garage doing nothing, it was taken out as it dropped No 4 Liner, dodgy work by the previous owner, the pistons and con should be Ok but not sure about bottom end, I havent looked but will do if you require.

A complete new standard short block from Japan is £2500 or £600 for just the casing, wether you go through Nissan or Abbey,

Regards

Nigel

A

AJ4

Nigell_d6 said:
I would say rings chattering in fright
lmao ! 8)

I've got a few engine bits and bobs as well, shims and what not if you need anything for the re-build.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
As i told you on the phone Pesh...

A really bad map that you recently had, has caused a serious amount of DET... :evil:

Not to mention the unproffessional build in the first place... The engine is a complete mess... Look at the filth in that engine... It should have been cleaned out properly... Look at the state of it after only just over 1000miles...

For those on the board who knows who this mapper was i suggest you stay away... Far away!...

Rishi

A

AJ4

who was it ? <pm>

Do you have a copy of the map they did ?

cheers.

pesh90

AJ4 said:
who was it ? <pm>

Do you have a copy of the map they did ?

cheers.
yeah still got a copy of the map, just need someone who can help in retrieving the map from the power fc :wink: