front ext exhaust

red reading

well put it this way i have just been fined for my 5 ziegen, the actual offence was failing to a maintain a standard silencer. They take pictures now, for court! If you get pulled by traffic police with a front exit exhaust and he got the hump your car will be on a low loader before you know it!;-)
my point is the wording above,if you "fail to maintain a standard silencer" that means that pretty much every car on the road over 3 years old is illegal,as how many people fit factory o.e parts when they fail,also being a jap import how do the english police know what is factory fit? it is a very grey area.personal taste wise i don't like noisey exhausts like mongoose or front exit.but that is only my opinion which i am not here to impress on other's,as far as i'm concerned if other people want to have them then who care's,does it really cause any harm to you............no

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If people are being pulled by the police there is a reason for this. You are standing out from the crowd for the wrong reasons. :roll:

My exhaust has been quietened down for track use, yet still makes enough noise when pressing the loud peddle.
However when I enter residential areas and city centres, I just keep my foot off the loud peddle. :thumb:
Coasting through town is much more respectable than making lots of noise and people pointing fingers.
I’ve driven past many traffic officers but, they’ve not had the urge to stop me for a roadside check or discuss my noise levels.

Front side mounted exhausts are unnecessary for road going cars. There is no real reason for them than noise, popping out flames and thinking that they impress people. :roll:
However you’ll find that it only attracts the police who then stop you and give you a vehicle defect report (VDR) slip.

If people drove less aggressively through built up area’s then you’d have less run-in’s with the police whether it’s the traffic division or standard constables in panda cars.

O

Odin

If people drove less aggressively through built up area’s then you’d have less run-in’s with the police whether it’s the traffic division or standard constables in panda cars.[/FONT]

Wise words Andy ;-).

The younger generation just don't know how to play the game, When I was younger I was the same I'm afraid so nothings changed as far as that goes, What has changed however is the way the police view this kind of behaviour, In my day they would pull you over and give you a few wise words and send you on your way, These days their use a very big stick so you youngsters really need to wise up to that fact and change the way they drive in built up area's.

Rob

red reading

If people are being pulled by the police there is a reason for this. You are standing out from the crowd for the wrong reasons. :roll:

My exhaust has been quietened down for track use, yet still makes enough noise when pressing the loud peddle.
However when I enter residential areas and city centres, I just keep my foot off the loud peddle. :thumb:
Coasting through town is much more respectable than making lots of noise and people pointing fingers.
I’ve driven past many traffic officers but, they’ve not had the urge to stop me for a roadside check or discuss my noise levels.

Front side mounted exhausts are unnecessary for road going cars. There is no real reason for them than noise, popping out flames and thinking that they impress people. :roll:
However you’ll find that it only attracts the police who then stop you and give you a vehicle defect report (VDR) slip.

If people drove less aggressively through built up area’s then you’d have less run-in’s with the police whether it’s the traffic division or standard constables in panda cars.
that's a fair comment

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What has changed however is the way the police view this kind of behaviour, In my day they would pull you over and give you a few wise words and send you on your way, These days their use a very big stick so you youngsters really need to wise up to that fact and change the way they drive in built up area's.

Rob
You can still get a quiet word now and again, but that comes down to the driver’s attitude.
Far too often I see people that jump out of cars stopped by police and immediately display hostile behaviour and mouth off.
They don't even know what they've been stopped for, but they feel it’s warranted that they can shout and be aggressive without cause. :doh:

If people just spoke to them in a civil manner then they will be civil back; the door swings both ways. However I'd put that down to experience and mental maturity.:lol:

stumo

I've got off with so many things being nice and polite

Once me and a mate were razzing through town(many many years ago), got stopped. He got done for speeding (cos he's an arrogant tw@t) and i didn't 8).

The police (very nearly) always have the upper hand so there's no point being mouthy IMO.

Last edited:
O

Odin

If people just spoke to them in a civil manner then they will be civil back; the door swings both ways. However I'd put that down to experience and mental maturity.:lol:[/FONT]

Indeed I learnt very quickly at a young age that being polite and respectful gets you a lot further than giving them a gobful of abuse ;-), My brother on the other hand hates the police so badly all they get from him is $%&*)$ every time they stop him which gets him nicked every time :roll::doh:.

Even if they're do give you a ticket it still pays to be polite because rudness wont change their mind, And the same guy may stop you in the future and remember you where polite and let you off with a warning next time.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianR

Your wrong mate. Not having a silencer or an aftermarket exhaust are not fineable offences according to the copper that pulled me the other day. I also had blue sidelights even tho they shine white the actual bulb has some blue on it so are bad. i also wasnt displaying my number plate in the correct fashion (just fitted my front bumber and it was dark and cold so just jammed it in the window) Anyway the guy said that i couldnt get fined or any points but had to get em changed otherwise i would be summond to court. 14 day producer to be taken to a MOT test center where the changes had to be seen...

You must live/drive in a well bate place mate if your being treated like that.
That copper sounds like he is one of the better ones. Did you manage to sort all your stuff out then?

Gav_Kara

i know what everyones saying about the police at the end of the day im 32 so no boy racer and as people say maccy d points... the front exit is 3 inch straight off turbo.. its only as loud as my old goose system and as for going on about big bhp cars and quote my 300 bhp shed its mine and paid for and aint waisted loads of money into in like some.. plus its my everyday car.. like what people say each to there own in what they do to there cars so why is this site so back biting bitchy and wanting to fall out all the time... like odlin going on about my shed i never slagged him at all that bloke never gives anyone a nice reply why is it cos he gets picked on the scoobypoo websites..

Last edited:
O

Odin

is it cos he gets picked on the scoobypoo websites..

I don't actually go on any scooby web sites young man ;-), I did join one or two but they're full of w@nkers so I don't bother and I don't like scoobys anyway ;-).

Oh and that's "BECAUSE" (cos) isn't a word the last time I looked in the English dictionary mate :doh:.

As for your short length of chavy pipe then you enjoy it mate, As far as it being as quiet as a goose system I think you maybe a tad deluded my young friend :der:.

Rob

Gav_Kara

chavy pipe ha ha says the man who drives a clit car! ha
i just think you never seem to have anything good to say about anyone or there cars.. god knows why???

O

Odin

god knows why???

Probably because most of you're tw@ts and drive very poorly modded 5hitters in my humble opinion, It's nothing to do with me thinking I'm better than you or anything like that sunshine, I've just seen the standard of your modding skills, I say yours but mean the membership in general I'm afraid :doh::roll:, If that makes me a bad person so be it :thumbsup:.

As for my car being a clit car then 27k pays for a lot of clit ;-):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Rob

Gav_Kara

as for a modded shitter did you really take a good look at yours.. oh yeah sorry its 517BHP so you keep rubbing in at every post but who gives a toss .. like i said mines a every day car. you do think think your better than everyone and flash with your cash but at the end of the day look how you dress and look ha... 27k ha ha thats your stupid fault buying in.. like you say people are twats on scooby stite but you are on here old chap!!!

O

Odin

did you really take a good look at yours..

What a stupid question :doh:, I know every inch of my old car and it wasn't quite perfect bodily, but I'd say it was about 95% there, However the mechanic's where perfect as was all the mods because I fitted and designed them myself with out the need to get ripped off by a tuner, As for the scooby I'm sure I'll cope mate. I don't drive it very often anyway mate I have my old Datsun to keep me busy ;-).

The reason I'm still here is that they can't seem to find anybody reliable or grown up enough to replace me at the moment, It's quite a mundane job having to delete all the dodgy posts you lot make and move stuff to the correct sections.

Rob

kirko

the front exit is 3 inch straight off turbo.. its only as loud as my old goose system
you having a laugh :shock:

it will be loads louder than a goose ive made and fitted my own and will be swapping back because of excessive noise

R

riske

I say everyone should just chill... its a new year! As for Rob and your cars...WHO GIVES A FUK just like you dont give a fuk about our cars. Lets be honest know1 really cares about anyone else's car otherwise it would be your own car(if that makes sense) Everyone loves to get their knickers in a twist about words. As for this thread i think its gone off course slightly. Everyone cant give a straight answer because the police cant even do that. Noise levels and other stuff doesnt come down to anything else except what the ****stable feels like at the time. I have never been pulled over in the pulsar except on one night...3 times. Turns out there had been a local drink driving fatality crash which had gotten all the surrounding officers in a mood. I was in the area at the wrong time. All the stuff is sorted now.

I think everyone should start off being polite to the law until they start getting edgy. I have been nice a few times and also helped out a few times so the local police are ok with me. Its all the pricks that sit in the car parks and cause a nuisance by playing their music and doing dohnuts are the ones to blame, they give us a bad name.

On a serious note. Do you really think its a bad idea getting into the world of the R? I mean you have got the tshirt etc but honestly, did you not enjoy it? I mean seeing the faces of all these expensive cars owners when you rinsed passed? c'mon you have got to give it to the pulsar for ability to piss em off????

O

Odin

On a serious note. Do you really think its a bad idea getting into the world of the R? I mean you have got the tshirt etc but honestly, did you not enjoy it? I mean seeing the faces of all these expensive cars owners when you rinsed passed? c'mon you have got to give it to the pulsar for ability to piss em off????

To be honest yes I do unless you have a good plan and a sensible budget you can stick to, The GTIR is a flawed car right from the off. Yes it's fast and I do miss all that power but I don't miss worrying about what will break or need upgrading next :cry:, It's never ending with the gtir.

Their are far better options out there that are far easier to work on and less expensive to own, Some of use have spent far to much on these bl00dy things trying to get them reliable and it just isn't going to happen unless you keep them standard ish, But the GTIR scene has changed quite a lot over the years and developments have been made, I just don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.

But I do admire those that have stuck with it despite what you may think.

Rob

Gav_Kara

To be honest yes I do unless you have a good plan and a sensible budget you can stick to, The GTIR is a flawed car right from the off. Yes it's fast and I do miss all that power but I don't miss worrying about what will break or need upgrading next :cry:, It's never ending with the gtir.

Their are far better options out there that are far easier to work on and less expensive to own, Some of use have spent far to much on these bl00dy things trying to get them reliable and it just isn't going to happen unless you keep them standard ish, But the GTIR scene has changed quite a lot over the years and developments have been made, I just don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.

But I do admire those that have stuck with it despite what you may think.

Rob

i must agree here with rob he,s got a point. i know i slagged his scooby off but i owned one for 2.5 years before the r and never had a days worrie with it but as for the r i guess things are older and give up the ghost abit.. sorry to people for getting high rated just seemed a bad vibe going on!!!!