Carbon Fibre bonnets.just a thought?

G

gotoinstant-redline

TA!!!

it was close there for a second! i'm glad i still have a job tho!!
roll on payday :)

L.

N

NickB

I could be interested in a complete replica of the existing bonnet(inc all holes for the vents), including all vents and bonnet catches if the price was right.

Let us know how you get on.

Nick

G

gotoinstant-redline

hey hey all,

good and bad news after a few days in the workshop..

good news.. is that the mould fo rthe gtir bonnet is sorted!!! just need to touch it up a bit to make it perfect and then i'm ready for the carbon!
more good news. just started work on the copy of the original vents. at the same time i am also working on a slightly diff' design for one owner. but just for the side vents not the intake.

i'll keep you posted on the progress. i would do you lot some pics, but i dont want to give too much away.. you'll all just av to wait till there is carbon to take pics off..

the bad news. is for the mr2 owners.
the mould failed over the weekend and also we managed to damage the mr2 bonnet we were copying.. doh! all cos we didnt pay enough attention to the temps we were working in.. too cold and things dont set properly!! doh.. nevermind. i'll have another go at this one in the not too distant future.

but i spose it leaves me more time to play with the gtir bonnet :)

L.

J

jaigtir

Good good :D . Are you making the gtir bonnets with modification for bonnet pins? And to also use the bonnet catch?

G

gotoinstant-redline

first up its just the same as the normal bonnet. no pin holes and uses the normal catch. if you want holes, i can make them as and when needed :)

L.

G

gotoinstant-redline

so far the progress is this..

the vents are ready to go but i dont really want to just sell them. i'd rather have the whole lot ready to go in one.

the aprox (very aprox) weight of the bonnet will be about 5kg. this could go up or down but tbh i dont expect it to be far from 4-5kg.

gimme me another few weeks and i'll have a product that i'm happy to put my name to. then you lot can have as many of them as you like..

Luke.

mmmmmmm

:D PLease, please, please pm me when something appears. spoiler, roof, anything! I'm also wondering about the painting side of things :roll:

Here's one for you- is it possible to make a spoiler with a slot or summat to incorporate a high level brake light?

what nismoboy said

:D Yeah, come on, like tender hooks and that... :?:

(I bet he's driving round in a full carbon bodied R without us all knowing :lol: )

J

Japmonster

It just seemed it was going on for ages and no more progress was being made!!! Shame tho, would of had 1!