ARC top mount on ebay

Animaldaz

here is the heatshield i made and fitted, i did this after reading youngsyps thread

Last edited:

Animaldaz

And this is the ARC before i got the cover on, mine went on after id removed the rubber strips at either end. Also mine has a silver plaque.

Braveheart

That looks good mate and thanks for the pics.:thumbsup:
I will do something very similar with the heat blanket but will try to bend the front and rear flanges of the cover a little to see if I can keep the rubber strips as I think it might rattle without them.

antgtir

Who are people getting this heat sheet from Rally Designs?

Looks good, TMIC are the best :lol:

Ant.

P.s. If you wait long enough everything comes back into fashion :lol:

Braveheart

I purchased a load of cooling goodies when I was in the States.
Blanket, wrap, turbo wrap.
Rally Design do sell the stuff though.

Animaldaz

I was lucky enough to get mine from work, i also bought some of that heat shield tape which i applied to the underside of the shield.
As far as tmic's in fashion, i think we are the minority. Im convinced that half the front mounts that get fitted are for aesthetics.

Braveheart

Have not seen that badge before... "Super Intercooler" must be good!;-)

" i think we are the minority. Im convinced that half the front mounts that get fitted are for aesthetics"

I'm alway amazed to see a FMIC fitted with no protection agains heat for the pipe that sits over the exhaust manifold... :shock:

O

Odin

Well mines better than all your 5hitters with top warmers ;-) :thumbsup: .

Rob

antgtir

mine has the Super Intercooler plaque and is situated on the front of the cooler. By the looks of it the one pictured is also on the front as you can see were the lower bracket has been.

Rob your only jealous, you know you'd love to have a TMIC again :lol:

Ant.

antgtir

The core looks exactly like the ARC, i cant tell though whether or not the end tanks are slightly different.

I must admit though you will get some lag sticking it in the boot. Did no one tell you it was the battery you re locate :lol: ;)

Looks good fella, did you say your selling it? why?

Ant.

GTIR_Dan

antgtir said:
The core looks exactly like the ARC, i cant tell though whether or not the end tanks are slightly different.

I must admit though you will get some lag sticking it in the boot. Did no one tell you it was the battery you re locate :lol: ;)

Looks good fella, did you say your selling it? why?

Ant.
Ive thought about selling it, maybe to upgrade to a forge front mount but i cant decide if i want to cut my bumper to pieces or not. To be honest im not really sure how much its worth...plus my radiator decided to empty its contents this morning through a nice big crack so moneys going to be tight

Animaldaz

GTIR_Dan said:
Ive thought about selling it, maybe to upgrade to a forge front mount but i cant decide if i want to cut my bumper to pieces or not. To be honest im not really sure how much its worth...plus my radiator decided to empty its contents this morning through a nice big crack so moneys going to be tight
Keep the tmic mate, the Forge kits are quite good but most of the pipe run is silicone hoses. Id recommend the copper radiators that are available, cheaper then an oe one from nissan and much better.

GTIR_Dan

Animaldaz said:
Keep the tmic mate, the Forge kits are quite good but most of the pipe run is silicone hoses. Id recommend the copper radiators that are available, cheaper then an oe one from nissan and much better.
where can i get one of these copper radiators and how much are they?

soin

ive just had one delivered from absolute , with delivery about 119 gbp but then parcelforce wouldnt release it till i payed the 27 gbp customs charges , still a very good price all in .. thicker than standard and with all metal construction .. from emailing vince to my door was about 10 days in all ... very good service ..not sure how it performs as my car is still waiting to be put back together but it has good feedback from a few members ..

Animaldaz

Ive had a copper rad for about a year and its been really good, it also improved the efficiency of the heat exchanger oil cooler so i saw a reduction in oil temps as well as coolant temps. Straight swap, oe fans bolt on no problem too.