APEX Coilovers Review & install guide

Dasilva

Sorry for not getting back to you Kev i will send you some more pics later.

I found to be very good over B roads natural the ride is stiffer than lowered springs and standard dampers but if you’re looking for coilovers than generally you get a stiffer ride ;).

When it comes to height adjustment you can defiantly return it to original ride height should you wish.

Kev@Apex

I just need a picture showing the bottom fixing for the ABS sensor as mentioned a few posts above.

Thats all I'm waiting for then I'll approach the mods for a group buy, and get that added to the coilover.

O

Odin

Good to here you're making progress Kev, I've just flogged my k-sports and gone back to KYB's, I may well be interested in a set of these new coil overs because I want to fit 8" wide wheels....

So what's the difference between the first set and these new and improved version's then ?, I'm not interested in anything that's rock hard again, I'm thinking they would need to be as soft as the teins if they where to be suitable for everyday road use....

Rob

Kev@Apex

The differance between the set Dasilva has and those I will be selling will just be the missing ABS attachment point.

We have specced them with 5kg/mm front 4kg/mm rear springs which isnt hard for coilovers.

O

Odin

KevD said:
We have specced them with 5kg/mm front 4kg/mm rear springs which isnt hard for coilovers.

I suppose that sounds acceptable as it's only 1kg more than the teins front and rear, So hopefully would be more compliant on the road ;-) 8) .

I don't need the ABS sensor mounting points by the way ;-) .

Rob

Kev@Apex

I want the coilovers to appeal to as many people as possible, and therefore get the ABS sensor mounting fully sorted. I dont like to realease parts for sale that havent completed development / testing to my standards ;)

McDaveMP5

Any chance of providing rear links with the Apex kit ?
As asked before, can the Tein EDFC motors be fitted with a bit of work ?
Cheers,

--McDave

Last edited:

McDaveMP5

KevD said:
(...)
The only thing I can see is somewhere to clamp the ABS sender ... as pic below.
(...) Where would that need bolting too?

Kev has received the pics showing the ABS and other bolting points.
Cheers,

--McDave

Kev@Apex

I dont know anybody who has tried fitting EDFC motors to Apex coilovers, so dont know if its possible.

Pics recieved - thanks.

Kev@Apex

I'm off on holiday (Well trying to finish building my car for Time Attack) till the 3rd March, but there are still people at the office who can help :)

01274 683633

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Kev@Apex said:
I dont know anybody who has tried fitting EDFC motors to Apex coilovers, so dont know if its possible.

Pics recieved - thanks.

I have just tried.

The rear EDFC motor fits the Apexs so you would need 2 new motors at least.

The main problem is the adjuster on the bottom of the motor is about 1" too short to reach inside the Apexs to actually adjust anything. It's the right size hex head, just too short. If the Apexs adjuster could be removed and something longer could be fitted that the Tein can reach, it would work. (I don't know if it will simply unscrew with enough effort. I didn't fancy trying and breaking something)

However, then there is a loss of range of movement issue. The Apex appears to be 10 clicks per turn, 3 turns in total. The Teins are 8 click per turn, 2 turns in total. I couldn't work out how to get my EDFC into 32 point adjustment to see if it made any difference. I personally could live with this loss.