absolute radiators 53 mm alloy rad

Braveheart

Odin said:
The slightly smaller copper one will work fine and will leave you a little more room for fans and turbo.
Rob
You could be right Rob... soin did say he's not planning to use on track.
The copper rad will save a bit of space and money.
If he can fit that and keep his AC he might be better of increasing the TMOC size instead of having everything at the front.

geoff pine

antgtir said:
Has anyone running the Koyo rad 53mm thick core or the OE replacement which is supposedly twice as thick had any issues with over cooling the engine on say normal road use and with an oil cooler fitted?

The alloy rad would be a great upgrade for the track sessions with oil cooler but on normal every day use i.e. on the road im not sure if it would be over kill.

Was thinking of maybe just getting the all metal brass and copper type so that coupled with the oil cooler would be ok for both types of useage, anyone any comments or experience?

Cheers,

Ant.
I wonder if the 53 mm would give you under cooling problem at this time of the year because you run a top mount as i have found with a front mount speeds under 35 dont realy lower the rad temp. So if iv'e sat in traffic my temp will hit 90 ish but take along time to fall back to 85 i know it's the front mount because i now have a forge and the water temp run 3/4degrees hotter than the hybred type front mount but much colder intake temps.

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
i was thinkin of gettin a koyo rad but i dont no what to do now :der: my car has got 350 bhp i dont do trackdays only drag water temp on the road when driven is 81 most of the time but when stopped in traffic it goes up to 101 on the fc commander once i start going again it moves back to 81 oh i have a 16 row fmoc so will a koyo be any good for me rob :-D :-D

O

Odin

HotSnot92 said:
will a koyo be any good for me rob :-D :-D

Well I'm not sure if you're taking the p1ss or not, But I'll answer the question.

In my opinion the 53mm Koyo is over kill for your kind of power output and what you use the car for, The copper rad is more than man enough for the job in hand ;-) .

With the copper rad and oil cooler in place that should be ample for your needs, Even a good condition standard rad would be fine, But it's cheaper to buy the copper one.

I think you can get the copper one delivered for about £125 direct from Absolute Radiators.

Rob

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
tanx 4 that rob its the copper 1 then :thumbsup:
ps i was not takin the p1ss my name is not lloyd :peace: :peace: