19's, is it possible? Is it worth it?

A

Allan GTI-R

phoenix99999 said:
If you are saying a R could ever look like a Saxo (no matter what the driver looks like) you are sadly mistaken. :shock:
but that won't stop some people :lol:

H980 Pulsarkid

One of my old boss's did his apprenticeship with Nissan Motorsport travelling around the rallies working on the pulsars when they were used - he told me they did actually used to use 19's on some stages for sheer grip - however they weren't particularly wide. He also mentioned how they stopped using the R due to the fact it became to difficult to work on and resolve faults at that time on them. He's a very interesting chap and quite informative on the old R. :)

Nad

H980 Pulsarkid said:
- he told me they did actually used to use 19's on some stages for sheer grip - however they weren't particularly wide.
Not on a WRC car they wouldnt have. Were only allowed 16" max rims due to FIA regs.

Nad

Nad

H980 Pulsarkid said:
- he told me they did actually used to use 19's on some stages for sheer grip - however they weren't particularly wide.
Not on a WRC car they wouldnt have. Were only allowed 16" max rims due to FIA regs. If they werent any wider how would they have given more grip, would have only slowed the car down. Only use for bigger wheels is to fit bigger brakes, otherwise what is the point??

Nad

H980 Pulsarkid

He told me for the snow they used the larger wheels ! :? ....see what you are saying and im not really all that up on the FIA rules but thats what he told me when I first got my R !