19's, is it possible? Is it worth it?

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that... That makes more sense to me.
So the handling pack is an almost must then?
There is no way in the world that if you put the vts and gti-r on a track, rally course or in a straight line together the vts would win, but if you sent them both weaving though a tight set of cones my vts would get through quicker i think. I suppose i could just try it!! Not that hard to set up a few cones. Our roads aren't wide enough to be sliding around corners (More like through them)
If it is only down to grip, hopefully i'll have that sorted out Tuesday when me new rims turn up :D I don't like this "turn the wheel and continue going forwards thing"

J

J-GTi-R

Nad said:
phoenix99999 said:
I've gone from a VTS to a Gti-r and there is already alot of handling difference beetween the 2. (VTS being better and obviously lighter)
Might want to learn to drive it properly if u think a FWD is gonna outhandle it. Hands up for wheelspin out of corners.

Nad
You should really drive an 'R once in a while. My missus has a 205 GTi and that would easily run rings around my 'R on the twisties, the handling is just on another planet (both cars on Toyo Proxes). Absolutely no power on the straights, but on the corners, different league. I'd expect the Saxo to be the same.

A

Anonymous

:lol: Well said!!! And you vpulsar!!! Drive an R once in a while :lol:

skiddusmarkus

Handling pack amd bumpsteer mod are probably best mod you can do to the car(along with better brakes).Will cost you around £500 for both but is well worth it.

A

Anonymous

Do both of these have to be pro setup? 4 wheel aligned camber and toe?

I see the srbpower sell them both but doesn't say what they comprise of.

The other thing is what does the bump steer kit do? :oops:

A

Anonymous

Cool, cheers. 8)

It's like a whole new world owning an R :)

ill stick up for vpulsar and before all u lot say im gay now for defending him at least vpulsar wud know not to ask a stupid question of will 19's be ok on a pulsar!! a mean the thing already is a 4x4 it doesnt need raised any more :) i had 18's on ma old sunny and it totally screwed the handling

Nad

J-GTi-R said:
Nad said:
phoenix99999 said:
I've gone from a VTS to a Gti-r and there is already alot of handling difference beetween the 2. (VTS being better and obviously lighter)
Might want to learn to drive it properly if u think a FWD is gonna outhandle it. Hands up for wheelspin out of corners.

Nad
You should really drive an 'R once in a while. My missus has a 205 GTi and that would easily run rings around my 'R on the twisties, the handling is just on another planet (both cars on Toyo Proxes). Absolutely no power on the straights, but on the corners, different league. I'd expect the Saxo to be the same.
I was only on about coming out of corners ner ner and if a 205 is beating an R out of a corner somethings going wrong. Drive R's enough, everyone I know owns them :p

But then the 205 gti is one of the best handling hatches around along with the 106 gti. I remember Tails was suprised I was keeping up pretty well in the Nova on the M25 with the rest of the Jap lot, and that was in a straight line with no power.

A

Anonymous

ill stick up for vpulsar and before all u lot say im gay now for defending him at least vpulsar wud know not to ask a stupid question of will 19's be ok on a pulsar!! a mean the thing already is a 4x4 it doesnt need raised any more i had 18's on ma old sunny and it totally screwed the handling
Stupid is not asking it's just going ahead and doing it. I've now ordered 17's because i've asked, wasn't even stupid enough to buy the 18's.

The 106gti is exactly the same handling wise as the vts since they are the same car but with different trim, boot and bonnet.

skiddusmarkus

Stupid is not asking it's just going ahead and doing it. I've now ordered 17's because i've asked, wasn't even stupid enough to buy the 18's.
Agreed-better to look daft for 5 minutes and not waste your money IMO.

The 106gti is exactly the same handling wise as the vts since they are the same car but with different trim, boot and bonnet.
And the 106 gti is arguably one of the best ever handling fwd cars.A saxo weighs about 350kg less than a GTiR and is going to be much more chuckable on a twisty road-it will also stop a lot quicker too.The difference is that coming out of the bend the R will feel much quicker because of the superior acceleration,even if it actually got round the bend slower.

J

J-GTi-R

I was only on about coming out of corners ner ner and if a 205 is beating an R out of a corner somethings going wrong. Drive R's enough, everyone I know owns them

But then the 205 gti is one of the best handling hatches around along with the 106 gti. I remember Tails was suprised I was keeping up pretty well in the Nova on the M25 with the rest of the Jap lot, and that was in a straight line with no power.
As Skiddus is trying to say, you're confusing grip with handling. As much as I love the launch out of corners, the standard handling of a Pulsar is actually pretty poor. It grips well and certainly has the acceleration, but as far as handling is concerned, it has a lot to be desired.

BenD

Aye, the best handling car i have owned was a 106 XSi. that would piss allover my R thru the twisties :shock: truely awesome :twisted:

glad you seen some sense mate :D , i noticed a hell of alot of difference in the handling and acceleration department when switching from 15's to 17's, im even thinking of going back to 15's just to regain the handling and acceleration :twisted:

Ben

Nad

J-GTi-R said:
I was only on about coming out of corners ner ner and if a 205 is beating an R out of a corner somethings going wrong. Drive R's enough, everyone I know owns them

As Skiddus is trying to say, you're confusing grip with handling. As much as I love the launch out of corners, the standard handling of a Pulsar is actually pretty poor. It grips well and certainly has the acceleration, but as far as handling is concerned, it has a lot to be desired.
I wasnt getting confused, losing one arguement so change it to another :lol: But on that note has anyone driven a brand new R, maybe all ur shock are shafted. That or Nismo knew what they were doing and wanted to sell the aftermarket bits so made the standard stuff crap.

Nad

J

J-GTi-R

wasnt getting confused, losing one arguement so change it to another But on that note has anyone driven a brand new R, maybe all ur shock are shafted. That or Nismo knew what they were doing and wanted to sell the aftermarket bits so made the standard stuff crap.
:lol: :lol:

You do have a point there though, most 'Rs on standard suspension will be a bit tired in the handling department and no-where near their best (especially as the weight, outright grip and speed will wear the bushes and dampers a lot quicker than on something small and light).

skiddusmarkus

Before I changed my suspension,I could only go round this particular b road bend at 45mph without fear of falling off the road.I can get round that same bend in a crappy diesel Sherpa van at 50-55mph :shock: .I went round it at about 65mph when new shocks were on so shows how much difference there is between 12 year old worn dampers and nice new ones.

J

J-GTi-R

Most dampers should be replaced or rebuilt every 60k miles (give or take for different makes), but hardly anyone ever does this.

A

Anonymous

I wasnt getting confused, losing one arguement so change it to another But on that note has anyone driven a brand new R, maybe all ur shock are shafted. That or Nismo knew what they were doing and wanted to sell the aftermarket bits so made the standard stuff crap.
True :idea: I think you may have a point!!

19's on an 'R' look absolutely stupid and will make u look like a SAXO owner
If you are saying a R could ever look like a Saxo (no matter what the driver looks like) you are sadly mistaken. :shock: