18"s?

G

GTI-R Kid

Ah come on V - we all know the real reason you're moving to Scotland is to get away from Edd. :lol: :wink:

A

Ash

:?:

don't you guys think this is a bit pointless...throwing comments at each other??
I thought this was about rims?
personally I don't think that putting rims any larger than 16in on a GTI-R would be good for handling/ride comfort, but thats not what Todd asked, he just wanted to know if 18's could be fitted....he didn't ask if they looked good or made any difference to handling.
Sure I might not agree with his choice, but who cares?? its not my car, its his. He can do whatever the hell he likes.
I would have thought that it would have been more productive to ask what the rims looked like that he was so determined to have, then maybe someone could suggest a) where he might find some that were a different size or b) another brand that looked similar or the same.
:idea:

O

Odin

Re: :?:

Ash said:
don't you guys think this is a bit pointless...throwing comments at each other??
I thought this was about rims?
personally I don't think that putting rims any larger than 16in on a GTI-R would be good for handling/ride comfort, but thats not what Todd asked, he just wanted to know if 18's could be fitted....he didn't ask if they looked good or made any difference to handling.
Sure I might not agree with his choice, but who cares?? its not my car, its his. He can do whatever the hell he likes.
I would have thought that it would have been more productive to ask what the rims looked like that he was so determined to have, then maybe someone could suggest a) where he might find some that were a different size or b) another brand that looked similar or the same.
:idea:
go away maxboy :roll: :roll: :wink:

A

Anonymous

GTI-R Kid said:
Ah come on V - we all know the real reason you're moving to Scotland is to get away from Edd. :lol: :wink:
No! It's cos there's more SHEEP up there! :twisted:

Dunc

A

Anonymous

ok here we go again!!! :D
you all keep saying how slow the car is on 19sbut alot of you are running 17s the actual difference in rolling circumference is only about 40mm,thats 4cm for you vpulsar we all no your a thick ba5tard!!!
so how much difference do you all think that makes its not much i can tell you..
and yeah maybe i should go and be a nova/saxo driving bum ,at least there not stuck up there own ar5es :wink: :wink:

O

Odin

daredevil said:
ok here we go again!!! :D
you all keep saying how slow the car is on 19sbut alot of you are running 17s the actual difference in rolling circumference is only about 40mm,thats 4cm for you vpulsar we all no your a thick ba5tard!!!
so how much difference do you all think that makes its not much i can tell you..
and yeah maybe i should go and be a nova/saxo driving bum ,at least there not stuck up there own ar5es :wink: :wink:
I run on 16's because I can nearly keep the same rolling radius
as the standard wheels so please get your facts right you maxplonker :x :evil: .

And please do go away back to your saxa/nova boys because we don't
need the likes of you fu*king up whats becoming a rare car.

Nad

Its a rally car, leave it as one. Why smooth off and show and shine. You cant make this car look good so why bother trying. I dont need to impress people with the size of my wheels. I intend to be going to fast for them to be noticed!

Nad

O

Odin

Nad said:
Its a rally car, leave it as one. Why smooth off and show and shine. You cant make this car look good so why bother trying. I dont need to impress people with the size of my wheels. I intend to be going to fast for them to be noticed!

Nad
Right you can site down before you read this mate but well said that man :) :eek: :wink:

E

Edd

daredevil said:
vpulsar we all no your a thick ba5tard!!!
daredevil said:
your such a fat ba5tard :shock:
call him an ugly b4stard why don't you for the hatrick :?:

You do realise that if you ever go to santa pod it won't be hard for V to spot you with your 19inch wheels :wink:
You don't want him to sit on you :shock: :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

I'd love to see a pic too. Just to see what the car looks like on 19's (seen pics of it on 18's already).

J

justin666

Think I would like to see a pic of an R on 19's to..!! bet it looks nuts..!! :D

V... I dont quite get what your trying to say here... :? Are you saying that we should all conform to your ideal of what makes the perfect R..?? Most of us already do just by owning a black R..!!! Whats wrong with a bit of individuality.?? Whats wrong with trying to stand out a little from the norm..?? Who put you in charge anyway..?? I wouldnt wanna be like you..!!!! :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :p :p :shock: :?
Its all well and good building an R with over 350 horses just so your pride doesnt get hurt when racing scoobies..!!! But why not have one that looks as good as it goes..?? Well Not good but atleast slightly more upto date and not stuck in the 90's..!!!!

Suggest you get out more and not hang about on this forum all the time.. Atleast you would see what the real world is like :p

Laters
J.. :twisted:

O

Odin

justin666 said:
Think I would like to see a pic of an R on 19's to..!! bet it looks nuts..!! :D

V... I dont quite get what your trying to say here... :? Are you saying that we should all conform to your ideal of what makes the perfect R..?? Most of us already do just by owning a black R..!!! Whats wrong with a bit of individuality.?? Whats wrong with trying to stand out a little from the norm..?? Who put you in charge anyway..?? I wouldnt wanna be like you..!!!! :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :p :p :shock: :?
Its all well and good building an R with over 350 horses just so your pride doesnt get hurt when racing scoobies..!!! But why not have one that looks as good as it goes..?? Well Not good but atleast slightly more upto date and not stuck in the 90's..!!!!

Suggest you get out more and not hang about on this forum all the time..
Atleast you would see what the real world is like :p

Laters
That's the point you an't gonna beat anybody on 19's :cry:
but I spose it will look good parked up next to the nova,s mate :wink:

A

Anonymous

Yeah cheers fellas, it can be done..see i hit a touchy subject.

A

Anonymous

Will someone please show me a pic of an R on 19's :!: If I can't make my own mind up soon I'll have to side with V and I'd really hate to agree with him! :cry: :wink: :lol:

Dunc

J

Jonny H

you'll have a lot of problems with 19's, ive got 7.5J 17's on mine and i had to replace the rear shocks with uprated gas ones, put 5mm spacers on the rear and buy myself some uprated sport springs......even then it still rubs slightly when i have company in the back.....whilst going round corners a lil too fast...ahem! :wink: although i would like to see an R with 19's on!