18"s?

A

Anonymous

I have found the perfct rims for my R, only come in 18"s, very determined to have these rims... can it be done? :?:

G

GTI-R Kid

Anything is possible :!:

Clearance will be the main problem (arch and strut). Also might catch on full steering lock and with people in the back. Will depend on what suspension mods you've done too.

G

gotoinstant-redline

hmm.

all show and no go! dont do it! the car isnt meant to have 18"s on it!!!
it will screw up the handling and ruin the performance. all in the name of looking good?

they will be too big! it will look like one of them bloody tonwnie corsa's with 17"s on it!! car on stilts..

NNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

A

Anonymous

go for it mate!!!
ive got 19"on mine mate.althoiugh i do have coilovers and before you ask it was a shitload of work :lol: :lol: 18" are alot easierbut offset is crucialget a vw fitment et40 and aslong as they clear your strut platform youll be ok... 8)
as the others say though you will have to find a way of lowering otherwise you will be sat in the clouds. :evil: :evil:
as for handling ive got 4 point lower upper front and rear brace and my car handles finenot much different than on 14s(less tyre roll) :D :D
i no alot of people dont like em on big wheels but if we all had cars that looked the same it would be no fun its all about being different so i say go for it mate. :D :D
need any help regarding fitting just ask...

G

GTI-R Kid

daredevil said:
go for it mate!!!
ive got 19"on mine mate.
19's :!: :!: :!:

Any chance of some pics of it :?: Would love to see what 19's would look like. :roll:

O

Odin

daredevil said:
go for it mate!!!
ive got 19"on mine mate.althoiugh i do have coilovers and before you ask it was a shitload of work :lol: :lol: 18" are alot easierbut offset is crucialget a vw fitment et40 and aslong as they clear your strut platform youll be ok... 8)
as the others say though you will have to find a way of lowering otherwise you will be sat in the clouds. :evil: :evil:
as for handling ive got 4 point lower upper front and rear brace and my car handles finenot much different than on 14s(less tyre roll) :D :D
i no alot of people dont like em on big wheels but if we all had cars that looked the same it would be no fun its all about being different so i say go for it mate. :D :D
need any help regarding fitting just ask...
To55er :x :evil: :evil:

G

gotoinstant-redline

how to ruin a perfectly good car. nevermind. as they guy said, its his.. shame that when he sells it the next owner will have to undo all the nasty work to put the car back to a decent state.

this the pain in the arse with having a cheap performance car. the saxo crew can afford em now. thank god for G20 insurance :)

L.

A

Anonymous

hey i did say it was not to everyones taste. 8)
i have to say there is alot of narrow minded owners out there and as for you vpulsar from what ive heard about you you have to have a very powerful car with no option of big wheels cause your such a fat ba5tard :shock:

O

Odin

daredevil said:
hey i did say it was not to everyones taste. 8)
i have to say there is alot of narrow minded owners out there and as for you vpulsar from what ive heard about you you have to have a very powerful car with no option of big wheels cause your such a fat ba5tard :shock:
Better to be a fat git than maxplonker, I can loose weight, Your never
have any taste so keep to your nova's to55er. :x :x .

ps lets hope you get the chance to repeat your self in person :evil:.

A

Anonymous

LOL at V! :roll:

Daredevil,
How about posting a pic so we can decide for our selves. Might be a bit too much bling for some but then they don't need to do it too do they!

Dunc

A

Anonymous

I think we'll have to get V to take his medication before he posts! :wink:

Dunc

G

GTI-R Kid

Duncan said:
I think we'll have to get V to take his medication before he posts! :wink:

Dunc
I think he did take it before! :shock: :shock: :shock:

G

GTI-R Kid

vpulsar said:
DO YOU TWO TO55ERS WANT SOME TOO :?: :twisted: .
Bring it on. :D :wink:

Ya have to love the FALSE sense of security that comes from living across the water. :wink:

Please dont hurt me Mr Pulsar Sir. :cry:

O

Odin

It's a good job I'm moving to scotland other wise I'd be dishing
out some whoop arse :wink: :twisted: .