turini / se nissan wide arch kit value

Tk1

i have just aquired a set of unused never fitted turini/se nissan wide arch kit (front wings and complete rear panels , im in two minds wether to fit them as it will take me out of road going class in the sprints and move me into fully mod class
what do you think a fair price would be if i was to sell them on ?

i would love to get them on as they look superb and the extra track would be nice , also have a set of low offset 15" compomotive mo's but like i say im 50/50 as i'd need more power for the next class really

shroom

I was looking for something like this, but I saw on other forum sell for 250 for the front and back free but not sure if they were genuine as it was a steal

red reading

Get mould's made from them and sell the kit's,not as if se nissan can sue you they went bust years ago..

Tk1

that is seriously cheap if they were a decent set

this is the same kit that jgtir had on his recently sold candy red car

Tk1

im not entirely sure they are se nissans but there identical

i would not know where to start making moulds and dont know any fabricators , im sure there would be a market for them though

shroom

yer I know mate it was very very cheap not sure why he told em or that much but martyn snaped em up with a few minutes lol, well I did want some bt depends if you wanted to get rid of them straight away as my turbo has just blown and will have to sort that first :)

Trip

i am too after all 4 corners. I had spoke to a guy on ebay who sells the full body kit including front and rear bumpers but he didn't want to sell the arches seperate. I then asked him if i had to buy the full kit and later had an accident where i will need to replace 1 arch, will you be able to supply me with just one arch, he did not reply .. Its ridiculous to sell items without after sale support.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Someone has the Turini moulds. Think it might have been megamodz, can't remember for certain.

P

pulsarboby

be very carefull about getting these moulded or youll end up getting sued!
i was contacted the other day by kream developments accusing me of selling part kits (which i have not), he has the guy working for him that made the original mould so has the patent on the kit, and to say he was p1ssed off is an understatement.

ive got access to the moulds for fronts but can not sell them on or il end up in court and thats why i never went through with getting rears moulded either (they are purely for personal use).

besides that, theres no money in them as the moulds for fronts are complex 2 part mould and the wings even to me are £130 a corner

i would say a fair price for front and rears would be around £500-600 trev

Tk1

cheers for the input bob, im sure the kream ones are a bit different to the ones i have , but i would'nt get them moulded anyway although im sure you would sell a few sets
they will probably sit around with all the other things that never get used in the garage , but if someone was to part with 600 i might be tempted to spend it elsewhere on the car

Trip

i am sure there are many different types of wide arch kit. The ones which bob mentioned are different from the ones i am really after.

kream developments can only sue you if you develop the kit they have patent (their own). But there are other wide arch kits on the market not owned by kream developments.

group buy ? http://www.crazyhornet.com/gtir.html

Trip

the kream stuff should be pretty good quality in that case, you would think
If kream really wants to sell, why doesn't he want to sell the arches seperately. Who is brave enough to buy a kit knowing he cannot buy seperate pieces in the case of an accident.

After what bob mentioned i am sure he is peeping in here and probably reading this thread too.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Surely if you 'reverse engineer' the wide arches you have not breached their patent or copyright; yes, it's similar but it's completely independent on their design and mold. Obviously if it has bee copied from their kit, then you're wide-open.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
SE Nissan - They no-longer exist, which is why the Turini stuff fetches a premium.
GBH sourced it for someone who never came back for it (according to the feature in Banzai).

icecool70

Crazyhornet are a nightmare to deal with i have tryed a number of times to purchase some wings of them but i dont think they understand english very well ...well not my english anyway
shame really cause i would love some of those wings