turini / se nissan wide arch kit value

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
We need a middle man who speaks both languages. It may also be that it's not feasible for Crazy Hornet to ship kits to the UK unless it's a volume order; it's a simply economy of scale. They're like that in Hong Kong too; it's just not worth their effort if you're not talking about boxes or fractions of a container, to ship it...

If anyone has the collateral to buy a significant number of parts from them, they could probably make a tidy profit by on-selling them here and in Europe... but it's still a limited market. - I'd think if that was the case, suddenly the language barrier isn't as much of a problem... you're both talking the international language; commerce.

geoff pine

I have dealt with crazy-hornet and had no problems the only problem i had was with rbs who don't seam able to make international money transfers with out giving you a lot of grief first . Once i discovered he would take pay-pal nice smooth transaction you could try google translator and send him your requirements in Japanese :lol: :lol:

uk-gtir-matt

I'd love a set of all four corners in carbon please!....surely there must be someone else that can do a mould of the se Nissan ones?.

They would make a killing!

geoff pine

I'd love a set of all four corners in carbon please!....surely there must be someone else that can do a mould of the se Nissan ones?.

They would make a killing!
Yes but as boby has said the owner of the original moulds would sue then the killing would be of your bank account as the new owner says he holds the patients .I wonder who has the records of how many where sold .

Empty Pockets

Tbh i can't see how they have a patent on them, how does replikit and other such company's survive when they only make replica kits by the likes of bee*r, uras, rocket bunny etc?, and if those large company's can't stop them from being duped i can't see kream managing it lol, they're just putting the frighteners up any competition.

jjs

if there isnt any serial numbers on them whose to say someone hasnt made there own mould up from scratch ? i know guys at the autocross who have made wide arch kits for vw golfs ? Jim

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Surely if you 'reverse engineer' the wide arches you have not breached their patent or copyright; yes, it's similar but it's completely independent on their design and mold. Obviously if it has been copied from their kit, then you're wide-open.
;-) *cough*
The key is in being able to prove that it isn't a direct copy from their mold.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
We need a middle man who speaks both languages.
そ だ な
でも その 人 が わたし は わかりません
:lol:

Though as Geoff managed I doubt it is necessary

Edit: I just translated that back in Google and as I've found in the past, total garbage comes out as the two langauges are so different.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

the thing is that there isnt a lot of money in these kits anyway as the front wings require a 2 piece mould.
we was gonna get them produced but the front wings come to us at £130 a piece which makes it financially unviable unless you make everything yourself.

when kream contacted us he was adament about the patent, the guy that works for him was the original designer of the kit at se nissan and does hold the patent for that and similar kits that are produced and sold on for profit.
ive met him as he only lives up the road from me and he has patents on a few different fibreglass designs not just bodykits and thats why kream have employed him obviously.

as you say....theres nothing to stop you making your own kit providing its not sold on for financial gain, and lets be honest whos prepared to risk being slammed in court for a measly few quid!!!

warringtonjack

To be honest, i would have thought there's nothing stopping you making a kit that looks 'very similar' to the Kream, or SE Nissan, or any other kit, and as long as you modify it, by say adding a discrete bulge here or there, or changing the angles slightly, then it wouldnt be the same design, it would be yours in which case you can sell them on! (as long as you havent made them look crap! hehe) :lol:

Braveheart

Sure Bob could create the odd bulge no problem...:lol:
You could give them away free with a set of expensive floor mats... ;-)
On a more serious note, I have worked in Japan 5 times over the last 15 years and still keep in touch with afew locals... would it be worth while pursuing a group buy... ?

I would like these: