Trackdays early 2008 - fancy it?

P

pulsarboby

antgtir said:
Bollocks wish my car was running properly, £89 for a track day is an absolute bargain!!

Ant.

no excuse ant lol, im taking a pile of shite with me, as long as it drives and last 4 hrs il be happy, gonna have to lash it up with a bit of gaffer tape and a fewcable ties i reckon:lol:
whats wrong with your motor then?

antgtir

pulsarboby said:
no excuse ant lol, im taking a pile of shite with me, as long as it drives and last 4 hrs il be happy, gonna have to lash it up with a bit of gaffer tape and a fewcable ties i reckon:lol:
whats wrong with your motor then?
Its this bloody hesitation issue that makes the car almost feel as though its entering a limp home mode (it isn't though) and sounds like it has launch control or antilag:roll:

It would sound nice but would look absolute shocking lol:lol:

I may see if i can make it up just to watch if i haven't sorted the car out, would be good to see you all "test" your R's :lol:

Ant.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
After fixing a load of little problems on my car today it started first time and idled perfectly :whoo:

Reversed back out of the grarage......... big puddle of oil on the floor :hurt:

On track for Wednesday is doubtful now unless I can fix it early tomorrow and get some miles under its belt.

Jim

antgtir

campbellju said:
After fixing a load of little problems on my car today it started first time and idled perfectly :whoo:

Reversed back out of the grarage......... big puddle of oil on the floor :hurt:

On track for Wednesday is doubtful now unless I can fix it early tomorrow and get some miles under its belt.

Jim
Sorry to hear this Jim, how frustrating:roll:

I take it, its not going to be an easy fix then having inspected it?

Im going to test a different MAF on mine to see if its that that is causing my issues. Been very busy recently so getting the parts and fitting and testing is difficult at times.

Will we be seeing you tom at the N/W Meet? Hope to see you and maybe the family tom mate.

Ant.;-)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry Ant, forgot about that, been a busy day. I keep saying you're more than welcome to come over sometime and swap a load of bits over and find your fault.

I found 3 oil leaks today but hopefully that's them fixed. I don't feel confident enough about Wednesday though. I still fancy going along though

B

Bod

As im new can i have some more info on this trackday i did a trackday in my pulsar last october at snetterton,i mostly do trackdays in my renault 5 gtt:-D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Wednesday, Oulton Park, open pitlane.

Look at the motorvision website for details.

My car is not looking hopeful after just getting its engine back in and Andy's also has a problem aftr a clutch change... don't hold your breath

P

pulsarboby

Bod said:
can i have some more info on this trackday.

which one you on about odd bod?
if its cadwell then pm me and il send you a link to booking agent!

antgtir

campbellju said:
Sorry Ant, forgot about that, been a busy day. I keep saying you're more than welcome to come over sometime and swap a load of bits over and find your fault.

I found 3 oil leaks today but hopefully that's them fixed. I don't feel confident enough about Wednesday though. I still fancy going along though
Jim that you do mate and im very grateful.

My main problem is time really, id have to do it over a weekend and i would hate to ruin the only time you have for the family mate.

Im in work early and leave late most of the time so would be silly to do anything through the week.

Hope you find the source of your oil leak before wednesday :doh:

Good luck.

Ant.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I have had this offer..

Hi,

We exchanged emails a while ago regarding our track day events. I am contacting you to see if you would still be interested in coming along to one of our days as a group. For 10 or more bookings I can offer you and your members a 10% discount and reserved garages together.

We have a range of days coming up at all of our circuits so visit www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdaycalendar for specific details.

Would there be enough of you interested in this to be worth persuing?

Rishi

P

pulsarboby

depends on the price reduction rishi!
ive done a couple with msvision and there a good company, i get emails of special offers from them virtually every week, will be interesting to see what they offer a group of ten over price for one person.

another good company that offer good bulk booking discounts is heritage tracdays! you get a goodie bag with these people too, and its not crap stuff either, one i did at brands, we got toy cars, baseball hat, dunlop torch, dunlop t shirt, plus loads of other stuff like dvd's etc, may be worth looking into if theres enough interest, which i doubt tbh

but if theres a good discount then count me in too

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

just sold the engine from the car i was gonna do the trackday in:doh: dont look like il be taking that car afterall:sad: gonna have to take another one now, might be doing this in a 1000cc mini:lol: :lol:
picking up another car on friday so will now have to take the worse one of 3 that i have that are running.

are you driving down in car andy or putting car on trailer? think il go down in my low loader with some tools etc, then at least we got somewhere to chuck all our sh1t when on track, and some tools etc to fix the things when they blow up! rather than it all being left in the cars!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’ll be driving down to CP and I’ll have a few tools with me. I’ll be bringing some bits like alternator and power steering belts as well as some random bolts.
So if needed I can always put my bits somewhere in your van for safe keeping :)

P

pulsarboby

yeah not taking the van this time im taking the lorry, but all the stuff can go in the cab.
i wouldnt worry about bringing anything andy, il have a full toolkit and jack etc plus a few spares should we need them!
just bring yourself and mrs and motor

P

pulsarboby

seems like the car im gonna take on the track has suddenly decided it doesnt wanna play ball:doh:

took it out for a blast yrsterday and noticed a bad burning smell and smoke coming out of bonnet vents (after a damned good thrashing) pulled over and noticed the p/s belt had completely shredded and wrapped itself round the pulley, so had no power steering or water pump!
managed to get the car back and thought i would stick a new belt on today, then realised that im wasting my time as the crank pulley has split in half:roll: , but in a way im glad this is happening now as at least i have time to fix it before thursday when we leave for cadwell, got a lovely set of slicks on it aswell (well inner half of tyre anyway:lol: :lol:

can see this trackdays gonna be fun with standard brakes, bald tyres and a very iffy engine.
il be very pleased if car makes lunchtime!
also have two people who are very interested in the mint rolling shell, think there praying that the engine expires before car has a chance to shake hands with the tyre wall or another car:lol:

antgtir

Lol sounds like an eventful time will be had. At least like you say it will be on a low loader and you will be able to get home at least :lol:

Sounds like a good combination to me, you'd probably find yourself broken down or in a tyre wall if you took a perfectly good R, just the way it works with these things :lol:

Hope you get it all sorted before thursday, im sure you will.

Ant.