Trackdays early 2008 - fancy it?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a track day early next year? Personally for me I’m not too fussy about location, but after Christmas I know some people maybe be feeling the tightness of their pockets. :?
I wasn’t thinking of anything expensive, somewhere like Evlington or Oulton Park?
There are some good deals for those tracks ranging from £100-£140 for a full days track action – open pit too. 8)

I’m not setting anything in stone, but I know there are a few people that I have spoken to about organising something like this and has been met with positive response. I was wondering as an owners club if anyone else would be interested coming along? :-D

I’m thinking Jan/Feb time, perhaps on a weekend if it’s more convenient for people?

He’s a few dates that maybe of interest?

Saturday 19th Jan*
Oulton Park (full circuit - 105 db) £149

Friday 25th Jan*
Oulton Park (full circuit - 105 db) £149

Saturday 9th Feb*
Elvington (full circuit - 102 db) £119

Saturday 23 Feb*
Elvington (full circuit - 102 db) £119

Friday 29 Feb*
Oulton Park (full circuit - 105 db) £139

Would anyone be interested? Comments welcome too :thumbsup:

*all open pit

DanDud

Im on holiday till the 26th Jan so anything before that it out for me.

Il do Oulton or Elvington, Oultons closer and a really really good track but Elvingtons great, although not a track, you can really push your car to the limit and as Jim demonstrated last time, drift! without fear of hitting anything other than a cone!

Elvington only 102Db, good luck Andy!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
DanDud said:
Elvingtons great, although not a track, you can really push your car to the limit and as Jim demonstrated last time, drift! without fear of hitting anything other than a cone!
That’s what made it sound interesting, however OP is more exciting 8)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sooner the better for me. I'll come along to any of them assuming I'm around.
Stu is helping with my cams thursday. If I can port my exhaust too then I can get my car back together easily by the end of this year (famous last words)

antgtir

Would defo be preferable in Feb as Jan is a long long month pay wise for me and by the end of Jan im gonna be struggling me thinks :cry:

Sounds a great idea though, as already stated in the other thread lol.

Ant.

Braveheart

I would consider but this venue is 270 miles.... too far for me at the moment.
Maybe I should post up the Speed Sunday, 9th Dec at Knockhill.;-)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

snoon

I'll be up for it. Feb is better tho - as already said by someone - I'll be skint come end of Jan!!!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
fubar andy said:
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a track day early next year?

Friday 29 Feb*
Oulton Park (full circuit - 105 db) £139
Found that the 29th at the moment is £129.00 on easytracks website:
easytrack.co.uk

The £139 was taken from trackdays.co.uk - a little mark up from them, the cheeky fookers.

Seems people are more favourable to Feb time... :-D

antgtir

Would you normally have to pay before or on the day? This may have a bearing on whether end of Jan is ok or Feb is better.

Ant.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
If you don't pay inadvance then you can lose your place to someone who will.

Stick it on your credit card ;-)

B

Bod

Just did Snetterton on the 18th November in my pulsar so would be interested in a trackday as my 5gtt track 5 is still having a engine build:thumbsup:

antgtir

Bod said:
Just did Snetterton on the 18th November in my pulsar so would be interested in a trackday as my 5gtt track 5 is still having a engine build:thumbsup:
You local ish then?

Ant.