Red Reading

red reading

Who's will be done first...lol, get your bum in gear and get yours going ed.

The main thing i have been looking at is compound turbo ing with 2 intercoolers (1 between turbos and one between turbo and engine), but the super charger looks a better option for packaging i.e having some room left under the bonnet!

In all honesty yours mate, I'm stuck in China at the moment about 6000miles away from my car. I'll pull my finger out when I get back. I wouldn't bother with two intercoolers. I would use water injection between the turbos for cooling. There should be minimal risk of damage to the HP turbo as the gas temperatures should turn the water to steam.

red reading

good idea, but i'll need a water tank that can run out?! (read as i'm a lazy git and don't want the hassle) mind i could do both? thoughts please?, china ed? production of things moving out there then?

Both would be good, more cooling will always be better but you could set up the water injection system and wastegate control so that it runs through your Syvec. Then if the sytem runs dry (either a flow meter or a swith in the tank) then the ECU either keeps the HP wastegate closed so the HP does the marojity of the work keeping HP compressor inlet temperatures down and then opens both wastegates at high to avoid over boosting, essentially turning the sytem back to a single stage. It would kill the power as you'd essentially only be running one small turbo but it would safe guard the engine. Guessing Ed (Fusion) would know more on the ECU side of things.

We've been making turbos out here for about 10 years for the Chinese domestic market, I'm busy trainng engineers on the technical/aerodynamic side as they are all very green. Doing a 3 month stint (2 months down now).

skiddusmarkus

good idea, but i'll need a water tank that can run out?! (read as i'm a lazy git and don't want the hassle) mind i could do both? thoughts please?, china ed? production of things moving out there then?
I used a 10 or 15 litre camping water tank thingy Dan, last ages and costs feck all.Plus its tall and thin to cut down on surge but does still surge where I have it in the boot so ideally you'd have it in the middle of the car and use some baffles.I am gonna "borrow" some of those little plastic balls from my daughters ball pool to baffle mine as if you are going to use methanol you can't use fuel tank foam.Also though of using ping pong balls(put holes in them so they don't just all pop to the surface and do nothing) but don't know how the methanol would affect them plus I'd need loads.

red reading

Both would be good, more cooling will always be better but you could set up the water injection system and wastegate control so that it runs through your Syvec. Then if the sytem runs dry (either a flow meter or a swith in the tank) then the ECU either keeps the HP wastegate closed so the HP does the marojity of the work keeping HP compressor inlet temperatures down and then opens both wastegates at high to avoid over boosting, essentially turning the sytem back to a single stage. It would kill the power as you'd essentially only be running one small turbo but it would safe guard the engine. Guessing Ed (Fusion) would know more on the ECU side of things.

We've been making turbos out here for about 10 years for the Chinese domestic market, I'm busy trainng engineers on the technical/aerodynamic side as they are all very green. Doing a 3 month stint (2 months down now).
Not bad idea's i'll have a think, 3 months i wonder'd why you had'nt been on here much..........you eaten a dog yet...lol

red reading

bull frog. sounds quite nice actually. Mmm yes i can get the syvecs to do all sorts i'm going to have independant cylinder knock control too

red reading

Oooo i seez, i seem to remember it went to the scot evo that is super/turbo'd.................but i could be wrong.