Red Reading

MarkTurbo

Let's hope his swirl pot doesn't decide to leak and spill fuel all over that 0-gauge power cable and battery! :shock:

Dave
That's pretty shocking really, I'd hate to think what would happen if that car was in a big crash :shock:

gtircrazy

Looks great mate! Loving the arbon door cards from the old fusion car! Nice looking wheels as well. They genuine 3 peice?

STU666V

Looking very nice ;-)

Is that one one Phils rear diffusers?

One thing i dont like! is the cardboard beside the rear number plate! is that for down force? :)

red reading

Looks great mate! Loving the arbon door cards from the old fusion car! Nice looking wheels as well. They genuine 3 peice?
the fusion car (whats left or it) is the one under the blue cover in the pics, and yes the wheels are genuine split rims.

red reading

Looking very nice ;-)

Is that one one Phils rear diffusers?

One thing i dont like! is the cardboard beside the rear number plate! is that for down force? :)
yeah it's one of phils diffusers,but as i have got a side exit exhaust i cut the bumper out and moved it up further.

gtircrazy

The car looks good, and i'd say you have spent a lot of money to get it to the point it is.

Nice garage by the way, most of the pics i see from the U.K people dont seam to have good sized garages.

What are the specs on your car? You seam to be very good on the engineering side of things any special tricks you have made/developed on your car?

red reading

The car looks good, and i'd say you have spent a lot of money to get it to the point it is.

Nice garage by the way, most of the pics i see from the U.K people dont seam to have good sized garages.

What are the specs on your car? You seam to be very good on the engineering side of things any special tricks you have made/developed on your car?
I got the car as a bare shell (the previous owner had bare metal'd it and seam welded),the specs are :- nismo fr/rr/centre diffs, par/ppg/quaife gearbox, poly bushed the entire car, nismo tarmac wheels, fully built engine ( 5 angle valve seat's, ported head etc) with gt3076r running 1.85 bar boost and 500bhp, proper fuel system with aero quip lines and bosch 044 pumps, 3" exhaust made by me (side exit), 4" inlet with K&n filter, whitline fr/rr arb with custom rear drop links, bc coil overs,brembo calipers and 310mm front discs, 285mm rear discs, uk sunny lager diff cover, powder coated subframe etc. kevlar seats,6 point harnesses,

the car will be getting a syvecs ecu with all the triming's next and then finally some proper suspension, i am building other pulsars with a friend too which are going to be quick cars too

gtircrazy

All sounds very good mate!! its good to see someone who has built a car to high standards and is still trying to develope it!! I to am helping a mate build his high spec pulsar, we both run the gearbox brace pictured on page one with the custom 4 speed gear set. He is running a forged engine with Polished standard rods, 87mm jun pistons, ported head, agressive cams, GT30/40 turbo. The car is actually one of very few Autech editions which from what we can work out is an RB with all the extra options ticketed. It came from Japan with a forged engine in it already and daughter board installed, the engine let go a few years after purchase. That car two runs gront back and centre nismo diffs and should be a good car.

Mine is now running a forged engine with 87mm CP pistons, eagle forged rods, arp rod bolts, arp main studs, arp head studs and nuts, moderfied oil pump, oil ways have been machined out in places, crank has had oilways inlarged and slightly knife edged, new nissan bearings throughout, The head has had a small tidy, 272 degree cams, aftermarket valve springs, ect, did the head myself took me awhile but was a good learing experiance. Running a GT35/40 on that.

We have built an engine good for 1000hp as well but i do not have a car preped to put it into!! Its been a 5 year project due to the cost to build the thing, I need to find the pictures of the build and post them. I think you'll be well impressed.

We had a few problems with the concept of running even 800hp in a gtir though. I have to be honest I have been looking at s15 silvia shells due to being able to get decent gearbox for them.

The car you have built must be a rocket to drive at 1.85 bar, if you ever run it down the strip you'd easly run into the 10s mate.

gtircrazy

First video below is back maybe 2008/2009, We drove down to the drag strip with a completly un preped car running pump gas. Second gear syncro was stuffed and with lazy gear changes pulled a 12.2@189km per hour.

We later did a 11.7@197km per hour.

The car at that stage had no mechanical diffs and had major traction issues though getting it off the line in under 2.0 60fts was a mission!!

[video=youtube;-2b_eIl8q6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b_eIl8q6o[/video]

Then if you want a real laugh, Here is the one and only run from the red gti-r that i ever got. We didnt have a bottom end ready in time for the 2 day event show and drags that we did at the start of the year. So we put a really good nick bottom end on the mod'd head, GT2876R attached with 26psi of boost. The ring lands cracked on the first run. By the time i got back to the pits there was white smoke pissing out of the bonnet and zorst. Rather imbarrising considering we thought low 11s if we got a clean run in..The run was not clean at all, the gear shift from 1st to 2nd had the car instantly loose all power, the boost just dropped right off and the turbo had to respole..by the time it did that i was halfway down the track, at which point the car was struggling to pull revs.. 8.30am in the morning i guess it was ok though got to sit in the sun and watch for the rest of the day..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/thealienprobe#p/u/1/5boSlqo-FYs[/video]

One of my mates cracking a 12.20 in his blue gti-r, he ran a 12.0 later that night. With a stock engine, chipped and tuned ecu, 55occ injectors, z32 maf, 3" exaust, 3" intake, stock turbo with 360 degree thrust bearings, on 21psi. Who said standard gti-r were slow..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/thealienprobe#p/u/3/BalEJ-DTKy8[/video]

Last edited:

red reading

Whats the 35/40 like on your car then? i'm interested in them ,was also thinking off either doing a compound turbo or supercharger /turbo setup next on mine.

gtircrazy

I wouldnt know mate, We are still running everything in. Boost comes on about 3,900rpm though. No huge boost through it yet though.

Whats the 35/40 like on your car then? i'm interested in them ,was also thinking off either doing a compound turbo or supercharger /turbo setup next on mine.