Raising the compression?

P

ptandy

no it only whines slightly in 1st and 2nd gear cheers for the help do you think its the main shaft bearings or what how can i tell whitch one it is

P

pulsarboby

if the noise dissapears when you depress pedal by say around an inch (under light pressure) then its likely to be the thrust bearing / clutch release bearing, but if you have to put the pedal down around 3/4 travel before noise stops then its most likely the input shaft bearing in the g/box thats kaput

kirko

Kirko, when you say you put in the spacers where are you talking about?
the clutch fork pivots on a steel ball type thingy screwed into the casing we spaced this off with a washer and it throws the pivot arm over quite a bit :)
this brings it away from the casing too

R

riske

I'm sure its just the standard fork with extra metal welded on for support and strength.

oil gearbox+diff

hi guy..
if I install phantom grip on the front diff..do you think the best oil is 75w140 or the original 75w90?
beacuse I have read when there is a LSD the best oil for the lsd is 75w140.

I think do on my R
gearbox 75w90 motul gear 100% synt
front diff with phantomgrip 75w140 motul gear 100% synt
std rear diff 75w140 motul gear 100% synt
what do you think?

or best choise is 75w90 motul gear 100% synt for all(gearbox,front diff,rear diff)?
anyone have used this set up?
attend your reply
thanks
bye
Andrea

ps.
how much litre of oil for gearbox,front diff and rear diff?

antgtir

I use the 75w-90 for all three. Cannot comment on the change for the different LSD setup.

From memory my last change took approx 5 to 6 litres in total.

Ant.

tony1981

which clutch

can anyone recommend a good clutch, i don't wanna break the bank and i don't want something that won't last two minutes.

tony1981

nothing to serious, electronic boost controller, blitz sus power induction kit and walbro fuel pump. i don't launch it and very rarely floor it as i don't wanna break it. i just don't know which clutch to go for and could do with a bit of help, cheers

C

Craig04

I would go for a helix organic. They are rated to arround 309 lb ft of engine torque.