Raising the compression?

Mr GTiR

Labour is about £300 plus parts. Just depends on what is worn but all PAR boxes whine. My PAR box whines like a good un but it's normal.

GTiR-Aholic

Yes they will whine.. I've got a PAR box I'm currently refurbing, all done really just waiting for one bearing which I can't seem to get hold of.. but they are cut from gears 1-4 and will whine :)

davey red.r

Labour is about £300 plus parts. Just depends on what is worn but all PAR boxes whine. My PAR box whines like a good un but it's normal.
yes agreed ,i know they whine, as i drove it for a month, my quaife also whines, but both were subtle, this par box now all of a sudden has decided to start screaming,
and like i said its not all the time,just in 2nd over run sometimes,
so its not normal.

cheers

davey;-)

davey red.r

just shows doesnt it, this is a rebuilt par gearbox 2yr old, with an invoice for £4200, only ran 1bar boost, and its like this already:doh:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I used AGRA Engineering

Odin also used them for his 500bhp+ engine..

Dean also used them for his. Its now in Morff114's car in NZ.. Currently running 400bhp+ on low boost..

O

Odin

I believe the first time was after DP ****ed the build..

A sadder story is yet to be told :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

I think it all started the day Bruce thought to himself that it might be a good idea to buy himself a nearly new UK registered Sunny GTI-R, I bet he woe's that day now :der::lol:.

I'm not quite sure where it all started going wrong, But for sure letting DP anywhere near his first engine build wasn't the best decision he ever made :doh::lol:, They built just about one of the worst engines ever built :roll:, About the same time I think he also got about the same quality of service from Becker who f*cked up his gearbox as well ;-).

He then after the first engine failure had Agra build him a nice shiny new one which a Scottish tuning company promptly melted twice :doh:, He then built yet another Agra engine and is now waiting for that one to be mapped but the turbo is apparently goosed now :shock::lol:, I tell you all you could live 10 lives and never ever meet an unluckier individual than Mr Bruce Spence 8):thumbsup::lol:.

Their has also been lots of other mishaps along the way but they're to numerous to mention here, Or should I say humorous lol lol.

Keep on trucking Bruce ;-).

Rob

Last edited by a moderator: