Raising the compression?

D

dan-dan

hes looked at the car today and found the fault it was those two wires you said thanks guys, just another quick question tho have you got pulsar's? probably a daft question being on the gti-r forum lol. but his car ticks over at about 1,500 to 2,000 rpm all the time is this right? it also never does no more than single figures in mpg area either, do you think there could be something wrong or normal. we dont 100% no what its had done either but its fast it will do 160mph in no time at all. cheers again.

R

riske

mine idles at 1500 max on these cold mornings. Also if your having it out and thrashing it of coarse ur never gonna get double figured mpg!! Pulsars are fast mate.

D

dan-dan

this idles at 1500 to 2000 at any time any wheater and even when the engines fully upto temperature, he went on a drive down the m1 and he used a full tank to about 120 miles and he said he was driving steady. he said it only does 9mpg all the time, dont make any difference how he drives.

R

riske

might as well have it out everywhere if he is only gonna get 9 mpg! :heh: think the fueling is out. Its worth getting it mapped, especially after the rebuild.

Mr GTiR

this idles at 1500 to 2000 at any time any wheater and even when the engines fully upto temperature, he went on a drive down the m1 and he used a full tank to about 120 miles and he said he was driving steady. he said it only does 9mpg all the time, dont make any difference how he drives.
Air leak, check all your vac pipes and intercooler pipes are on nice and tight.

D

dan-dan

it boosts 1.5bar, cant tell if theres a air leak its not hunting just ticks over really high, 9 mpg is pritty crap. we dont think its standard because they are 220bhp standard arnt they? my other mate has a celica gt4 205 and it wipes the floor with that. it would help it having a set up just to make sure the fueling is ok but he has never had a problem with pistons well not yet any way. :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
1.5bar is twice the standard boost, so it's not standard. But just to piss everyone off, tell them it is standard when you thrash them:lol:

9mpg might be OK when thrashing it, but not all the time. If it's like that all the time get the emissions checked and then look at the MAF if they're sky high.

D

dan-dan

thanks for that, it only does 9 all day long no matter how you drive so something is a miss i would think.

frp

wish mine would do 200+ miles to a tank :shock:
with regards to the problem, ive just had the engine out and once up and running the idle was at a constant 1800. it responded fine etc. turned out we had nt plugged in the tps :roll: might be worth look at connections and voltages etc.
or not :noidea:

steve

davey red.r

gearbox whine 2nd gear

my mates gtir is whining in 2nd gear on overrun:? not always, just after a bit of opening up,
fecking 2k par box too
any ideas what it could be?

cheers

davey