Raising the compression?

GTIR-LOZ

i thought it would be alot more than that if they can get them for 750 or so after the initial one thats really not bad to end all the drama we have

J

jpward

Can we get a list of names down only those who are 100% mind so we can get a better idea of costings as we all know the first one is always the expensive one but after that they should come down a bit;

Just copy and add your name,

1, JPWARD

kirko

dont forget there is a lot of precision machining in a gearbox casing:-o
these people just cast the basic shape which is the lesser of two evils compared to the precision of the machining work:shock: ,
these will not work out cheap at all:twisted:

dobby

I really want to get in on this before I get the quaife built. Cost is something I need to know before I can say yes.

K

keensie

untill funds allow i will be running the standard box,which clutch exedy or giken would be best for road use and track but still be kind on the leg?also compairing the two what torque can they handle?

Last edited by a moderator:

vss irvine

not just because i want a sale, but the os is a tad hardcore for the road.

its an amazing clutch but not exactly traffic jam friendly

exedy rate this clutch up to 400hp, not sure of the torque.

i bought this clutch because i want a mix of both track and road, but im only going to be using the car for competition/track days, so that why i upgraded to the twin plate

K

keensie

I guess all clutches will be difficult in traffic when you run over 400bhp,just want to find one i can live with on the road but can also cope with trackdays.

GTIR-LOZ

the new helix heavy duty organic is good for 375lbs/ft of torque and about 450hp thats what im using 390bhp so far and all is good

Gav_Kara

gt2871r fitting

has anyone fitted one and is they any problems i should know about when fitting it???
im starting to fit it next week so any advice would be good in case i need to change anything its ment to be straight fitment but worried incase it dont ha
its a 3inch intake one!!!

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Got a 2871R on mine and its awesome :twisted: :thumbsup:

As for fitting - the only thing you should need to worry about is grinding a little off the transfer box case so the 3" inlet will fit - remember to grind a little extra so you can get a hose & jubilee clip on :)

Other than that, cant recall anything else. It fits the standard manifold and standard elbow (if you're running either of those) - oh and be careful with the lambda sensor thats at the top of the downpipe - nissan charge £108+vat for a new one (plenty of 2nd hand ones about tho').

One tip i can give you is to change the oil feed pipe for a braided one. This is a must. We didn't do this on mine or my mate's Pulsar's and we've both had the oil feed pipe crack/snap...and its amazing how much oil you can lose out of there in such a small space of time! :doh: Could've been terminal for both of us! (but thankfully wasn't!)

If you need a head to manifold gasket use an S14/S15 3 layer metal one from Apex Performance, matches the head and std manifold perfectly - and its re-usable :thumbsup:

Other than that, good luck with it!

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

Paul20

so does anyone have a gearbox out of their car that they are able to get these dimensions as i very much doubt there will be any info on the web about it?

Paul20

i dont think its a matter of alot of machining to do, just the fact its a bit of precision machining. i cant imagine it costing too much to machine a batch of them but could be surprised

saddler

steve963 said:
Do they do the machining at this place also?

How much do they need, is it just bolt holes and bearing seats?
after i get the info on the case..they can give me the costs and recommendations on what to do with the end case.. told them that the case would need to handle over 500+ bhp...