PULSAR v SCOOBY

deank93

If these cars come together then 2006 will be a bumper year....i think the little Pulsar may raise a few eyebrows.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I think 2006 will be the season we've been hoping for, for so long now...

Rishi

JIMMYBACK

i got a feeling next year there weill be at least ten silly bhp pulsar coming from the gtiroc stable i cant wait :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

pulsar_stu

JIMMYBACK said:
i got a feeling next year there weill be at least ten silly bhp pulsar coming from the gtiroc stable i cant wait :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Me to 8) Its about time the R got recognised at these events :!: :!: :evil:
Ten of the best 3, The R didnt get a mention and they only showed about 3 runs :evil: on the dvd :evil: The R always seems to be forgoten :evil:

C

carpy100

JIMMYBACK said:
what do you regard as silly bhp?

JIMMYBACK

carpy100 said:
JIMMYBACK said:
what do you regard as silly bhp?
450 in one of these sh1t buckets is silly imho.as that wot im aiming for :lol: :lol: :lol: power to weight on that level will upset everything out on the open road :lol: :lol: :lol:

F

FlyinbySTi

I guess the scooby's over there are slow as shit or something. I am kinda bias toward the Scooby since I own an STi. I have no problems with the car, it has totally meet all my expectations.

I don't know what your talking about with bad gas milage. My car get 30mpg cruising at 85mph. Then if i beat on it really bad it' goes down to 20-25mpg.

I'm not say that the cars are lightning fast or anything right out to the box. But my car bone stock with nothing done to it at the track like 2 weeks ago ran a 13.4@100.21 with a shitty 1.8 60'. There are a few guys over here in the states running 12.8-12.9 in stock form. Oh and that's with a 5500rpm launch. Unlike the GTi-R's over there, our gear boxes don't really care.

Plus there is a ton of performance mods out there for the Scooby's. I have plenty of friends running around with 400+hp daily driver STi's and plenty of friends running around with 350+ WRX's.

The GTIR SR20DET is a perfect set up though, tons of parts out there that can be had really cheap.

S

scobbyslayer

I had a R and got rid of it coz of the amount of money it cost to maintain the poxy thing like £1200 for a recon gearbox..

Now I owned a cossie coz there cheaper to maintain and as quick if not quicker.. A recon box on that cost me £200 and U can do most of the work yourself..

I love jap cars but there way to much to maintain, thats why i say get a cossie..

Fire & skill

Vintage member
£1200 - where did you get that :lol: i bet it had BIG windows.

i'd just get a 2nd hand box for £250. besides this isnt a slanging match - like it has been stated the scooby is a very good capable car, i personally bought my R because it was different and i stand out from the crowd. if i needed a family car i prob would buy the scooby wagon 8)

ram5ay

Roy Archer said:
i now only see one option
The R is a fantastic choice, I love mine to bits mainly because it provides me with reasonable performance without much cost. They are a cheap car if you get a good one, and will stay cheap to run if you keep them below the mid 300's I recon.
There are a load of other options out there for 4.5k, what about an older evo? or a mazda familia GTR? - better handling and turbo than an R.
Anyway a 4.5k scoob wouldn't be my first choice for sure.
:wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

scobbyslayer said:
I had a R and got rid of it coz of the amount of money it cost to maintain the poxy thing like £1200 for a recon gearbox..

Now I owned a cossie coz there cheaper to maintain and as quick if not quicker.. A recon box on that cost me £200 and U can do most of the work yourself..

I love jap cars but there way to much to maintain, thats why i say get a cossie..
what a load of sh1t

Hill_Billy

Dooie Pop Pop said:
scobbyslayer said:

what a load of log

this big enough?

pete-r

scobbyslayer said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MONG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray

I spent £1500 quid in 2 weeks on my R when I frist bought it just getting it upto scratch, it needed a total service and then my clutch fork broke and my clutch was on the way out so had to have that fixed.

GTI-R's are great little cars for their age and money but they need a lot of TLC.

I'm aiming for around 350bhp for the moment then might take it further or I might sell it and get something else, who knows.

Scoobys are great cars, most are better than the GTI-R but like others have said theyre common as dog shit and the people who drive them are self centred chavs.

Dooie Pop Pop

Gray said:
Scoobys are great cars, most are better than the GTI-R but like others have said theyre common as dog Skoda and the people who drive them are self centred chavs.
and GTIR drivers are........?