PULSAR v SCOOBY

Roy Archer

I have £4500 burning a hole in my pocket, previously owned a modded GTI-r running about 280bhp not sure if to get another or try a Scobby WRX any thoughts or suggestions?

Dooie Pop Pop

Roy Archer said:
I have £4500 burning a hole in my pocket, previously owned a modded GTI-r running about 280bhp not sure if to get another or try a Scobby WRX any thoughts or suggestions?
this is a GTIR forum :lol:

buy the scooby mate there wicked! best car ever made :wink: id buy one in a shot if i wasn' t so enamoured with my little shitbox :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

for that money you could get yourself a fairly tidy R these days :wink:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Roy Archer said:
a 400 bhp pulsar would be nice but well out of my 4.5k budget
if you look around you will find a well modded one for that kind of cash, this is the best time of year to get a bargain when it comes to buying a modded car.

C

carpy100

ARE YOU HAVIN A LAUGH!
scoobes are chavtastic mate.
hope youve budgeted for a nice fitting balaclava or heavily tinted windows if your buying one.if any member of my family owned one i wouldnt go out in it.
you could get a nice 330bhp+ R for that and feel proud driving it. 8)

Roy Archer

because i was stupid, it was an immaculate car with a fair bit done to it. Sold that bought a Williams 1 and regretted it ever since. Sold the Williams a year ago when i got my company car. Been saving for five months and now want one again! You live and learn :oops:

D

DOT2DOT

My standard R pisses on scoobies, and does 30mpg when i want it to aswell. Try gettin that in a scoob.

mad max

i think you will find a standard r will have trouble keeping up with scoobies let alone beat them easy maybe your r is running 300bhp?

S

scobbyslayer

Dont get a scobby m8, everyones got them plus the pulsar is quicker aswell..

JIMMYBACK

Roy Archer said:
a bit harsh, im just after other peoples opinions
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: only joking.but with any old boosted cars your gonna get problems at some stage :roll: :oops: :cry: ..i like pulsars im on my second one.well i still have the first in my back yard im stripping :oops: :cry: :cry: .... pound for pound a gtir is a better car imho 8)

R

rnash2002

mad max said:
i think you will find a standard r will have trouble keeping up with scoobies let alone beat them easy maybe your r is running 300bhp?
Depends what one's mate :lol:

chrisniss91

Think mate 2k more and you could have my pulsar 356bhp 327ibft GtiR. It actually made 366bhp but they did it again and made 356bhp. :) It's got all the parts to make over 400 just need a slightly bigger turbo and it's there. :D

deank93

Roy you crazy fool, search your feelings.....you know deep down that a pulsar is the way to go.

A pulsar is faster, cheaper to mod, cheaper to run, far less common, the Scooby although a very good car is chubby and expensive to run....ask my future brother in law next time you see him.

You know what to do and it involves a quick flight up to Aberdeen next week :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
deank93 said:
Roy you crazy fool, search your feelings.....you know deep down that a pulsar is the way to go.

A pulsar is faster, cheaper to mod, cheaper to run, far less common, the Scooby although a very good car is chubby and expensive to run....ask my future brother in law next time you see him.

You know what to do and it involves a quick flight up to Aberdeen next week :wink:

Exactly... That car i sourced you is perfect...

Just add a Fuel Computer, Injectors, Turbo = 400bhp+

The rest is already done... You know it makes sense... :wink:

Rishi