POWERFC expert needed !

radiobar

hi !

ok,thanks
so i will wait until my datalogit arrives to go on.

i also plan to install an external waste.
any recommendation ?
are there adjustable ones ?

i also might go for some cams this year.
would you recommend other than HKS 256 ?

please dont forget to send me your maps,so i
take a look.

thanks
bye.

A

AJ4

ok, no probs. When you get the Datalogit I will send you some maps in the Datalogit format.

I'm not knowledgable enough to give advice on external wastegates or cams I'm afraid, start another thread and I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

MarkTurbo

tro|| said:
if neither of the above gets the results he's after theres only one option

who needs widebands when they can ask the dead and hope for the best:thumbsup:
F**k it :doh: My method of finding out how much boost you can run on a standard ecu is out :cry: :lol:

radiobar

hey !

one more thing.
what about the rescale of the maps some people are talking about ?

at around 5000rpm my map (and also the standard one) is in last load row.
is that correct ? what about the ingnition map ? it runs also in last load row.

its interesting that now i get 4540 mV maf reading at 1.4 bar.
with my last map i got max. 4580 at 1.8 bar.
but car seems to run better now.

i will try playing with my fuel pressure today

thanks

ashills

u can rescale on the datalogit software by pulling the pointers on the graph along to expand map
not sure how to do it on commander sorry

A

AJ4

I dont think you can do it on the commander, you need either Datalogit or FCPro... you'll have to wait till you get your Datalogit :(

A

AJ4

The standard MAF is set up so it uses most of the available load cells, 1 to 20. When you add an aftermarket AFM that has different voltage out for different airflow, you can find that it wants to 'go off the map'.

The 'Load' axis is a number that you get by multiplying certain variables in the PFC, such as RPM, the AFM voltage scaled by the AFM correction table scaled by blah blah blah etc, its not very straightforward. What this means for us though that although the Z32 AFM has the same maximum voltage output as the standard AFM, this voltage is at different places for different airflows. You can then get a situation where the number calculated is larger than the map can handle.

You have to rescale the map so that even at maximum rpm and maximum airflow, the maximum load calculated will still be on the map.

steve963

Wow, cool topic:-D , can we have a sticky of different maps displayed in those excel grahps (some might call me sad:shock: )

A

AJ4

... because when I heard the word 'tuner' I want to :soapbox: :lol:

no way would I charge anyone for it, when its so easy to learn how and much more enjoyable doing it yourself ( and only yourself to blame when it blows up :thumbsup: ). Literally anyone now can call themselves a 'tuner' and go around.... :soapbox:

A

AJ4

we could... but we'd only get some so-called tuners arguing and disagreeing, saying its the wrong way to do it etc ( and protecting their income ;) ). It would just confuse everyone as they wouldn't know who's advice to take.

On the one hand, you have people who are happy to discuss things in the open and help develop our engines, on the other you have 'tuners' who just want to make money... ;)

There are plenty of sources available on the net about how to tune an engine, a good start would be the Hondata site ( lots of good info ). Its just not worth writing one on here for the hassle it would cause.

A

AJ4

There are a multitude to choose from, basic ones start from around £150 ( including sensor ) up to £400+.

It should be fitted somewhere hot, like the downpipe off the turbo ( where the standard one is fitted ). If you have the means to tune your ecu then you'll probably want to bin the standard one anyway so it can be removed and the hole drilled and tapped / bungged for the wideband (it has a wider thread ). The widebands are pretty expensive and only last a certain time, so its usual to only put it in while tuning and stick a blanking bolt in the hole when not in use.

I used to use my wideband in the tailpipe which gave pretty good readings, but it use to mank up quite quickly ( break ) as it wasn't really hot enough. For a one-off tune it would be ok though.

Trip

Interesting post. WELL DONE AJ4:thumbsup:

This is my first post. I just purchased a car for race only use, and planning to go the Apexi route DIY tune 8)

radiobar

hi !

after playing with my commander i think i know what to do at all.
actually i got a nice idle and AFR is aroud 12 at full load.
it was a lot of work with the commander.......
problem was that AFR was around 20 it idle
and around 10 at full load.
injector setting is now 50%(700cc) and fuel pressure is standard.
i will rework it when my datalogit arrives....

anybody knows how long it takes to arrive when ordered direct
in new zealand ?

but there are still some questions open.....
how will ignition effect the AFR ?
actually i run standard ignition map

what AFR would you recommend at full load ?
i think that everything else can be set to around 14.7 - is that correct ?
i have noticed that response in lower rpm(not full load) is much better
then before. got around 14 AFR now.
with standard map is was to lean(around 16) or to rich (around 12)

what about ignition settings ?

thanks for help
bye.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I just tried tio use my datalogit for the first time. My laptop was playing up so I called it a day as a few things have broken on me today so I thought I should quit whilst not too far behind. As and when I do get the map off, I'll forward it on. I was goign to send it to Ross to to get his second opinon.

Cheers,
jim