POWERFC expert needed !

Thor

@radiobar

we never become any money back.. when you must wait 5 month on the maps, you must wait 10 year for the money :)

cheers

radiobar

hi !

just tried the base map and it runs very very rich.

at 0.7 bar i get under 10,around 9.2,maybe 9.5
so i had to adjust it via injector settings,but
now i have AFR around 19 at idle. and it still
runs around 10,10.5 which i think is to rich.

what fuel pressure would you recommend?
actually i got 3 bar i think.
maybe i should turn it back to standard 2.5

i also tried it with 1.7 bar and it works ok,
but its same laggy as before.

bye.

O

Odin

The standard fuel pressure for a gti-r is 3 bar matey, Not 2.5 bar.....

Rob

A

AJ4

forget what your AFR is at idle, its meaningless if you are in closed loop lambda mode. You have to disable closed loop first before you can tune it ! It should be a nice steady 14.7:1 for most of the lower part of the map.

F

Fusion Ed

Are people using widebands when doing this? Or just hoping going on values from the PFC?

rayman75

them maps are bad man, radiobar if your able to get over to the uk with your R im sure there would be a couple of reliable people to tune your car.

im surprised this bloke is still trading. why doesnt he just give up tuning motors.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Wow... Thats pretty bad... Not much of a surprise considering who mapped the car...

Rishi

A

AJ4

Fusion Ed said:
Are people using widebands when doing this? Or just hoping going on values from the PFC?
I wet my finger and hold it next to the exhaust and then sniff it, isnt that the way to do it ? :lol:

T

tro||

no ross you will fook up big time doing it like that, you need to run a hose pipe from the drivers seat round the back of your car and tape it to the exhaust, then you can sniff it on the move so you can keep an eye on it whilst driving.

widebands :roll: , he'll be inventing the wheel next :lol: :lol:

A

AJ4

whats one of these 'lambur' sensors do then anyway? is it some sort of secret tuners device ? :lol:

come to think of it, has anyone else been charged by a so called tuner to have their map tuned that would like to publish it on here for peer review ?

T

tro||

if the mystic megaphone doesn't get the map quite right traditional methods are used

T

tro||

if neither of the above gets the results he's after theres only one option

who needs widebands when they can ask the dead and hope for the best:thumbsup:

A

AJ4

lmao ! stop giving away all my tuner secrets !!! everyone can now set up a business from their bedroom and call themselves a 'tuner' !

Can I sue you for loss of earnings although I'm not actually a 'tuner' ?

radiobar

hey !

back to topic please :)

my car runs now with 1.4 bar and the standard map,
its still to rich at around 10.5 at full load.
even at little load its around 11.5.

i think that at 1.4 bar it runs better then with 1.8 before...

there is still one thing:
when target is 13.1 (see sticky thread about powerfc)
why cant i set all values to 1,122 ?

thanks
bye.

Last edited:
A

AJ4

The standard map is very rich, and you are probably running higher than normal fuel pressure as well. Drop the fuel pressure a little bit and it will lean out across the whole map.

What is the problem with setting the target AFR value to 13.1 (1.12 on the PFC) ? On the PFC you can set anything from 0.5 to 1.496 ( equivalent to an AFR ratio of 29.4 to 9.83 )

radiobar

hi !

yes, i know.

but if i want a target AFR of let say 13.1 everywhere.
is it correct to set all same values everywhere ?

if yes - then the map would look loke the maps we actually have,
so what wrong with them at all ?

thanks
bye.

A

AJ4

Ok, why would you want to set every value to 13.1 ? the car would be uneconomical, slow and hesitant.

There is nothing stopping you from doing it, there is just no point. The whole point of tuning an engine is to either make it more powerful or more economic. The engine is a large air pump, it is more efficient over a certain rpm range and the fuel has to be adjusted accordingly.

The other thing is, even if you set the target AFR to all the same value, what you actually get in real life is totally different. All your doing is saying that under certain conditions you would like this much fuel when its this much rpm and load, it doesn't work like that in real life. You are only giving yourself a basis to start tuning on.