POWERFC expert needed !

radiobar

hi !

is there anybody who take a look at my maps ?
our cars were mapped by somebody from the UK
who came over to germany.
but we are not sure if everything is correct.

i would like to take a look at other maps also
to see whats different.

my specs are:
gt3071R with 700 inj. and z32 maf,

please contact me at radiobar@gmx.net
so i can send my maps over,
they are in excel format.

actually i can read only excel maps as my datalogit
is just ordered.

thank you
bye

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I have a near identical setup. I still have not yet downloaded the map but I intend to as a backup. You can have a look at it if you want then.

cheers,
Jim

T

tro||

was it a company with I.P as its initials ?

if it was :nono:

T

tro||

radiobar said:
i think it was that company,why ?
just the fact from on what i've seen he couldn't map his own back garden on a sheet of a4 with a pencil let alone a power fc :lol:

rayman75

i have herd of two people who had there cars done from a company like that name;-) and one was very badly mapped and needed a engine rebuild after aswell, the other person got away with it.

so i would stay clear of said person.

radiobar

hi !

the cars seems to run ok,
EGT,knock and AFR seems good.
the thing is that my car is
not much faster at 1.8 bar then my old
engine with standard turbo at 1.4 bar.

last year i had a 13.1 with my old engine,
last week i had 13.2. i think that i should run
a good 12 or maybe high 11 with this config.

the other car from my friend has more mods,bigger turbo(GT35 i think),
cams,lightened crank and runs a 12.6 time at 1,8 bar

so i think we will remap them.
i have ordered the Datalogit,so we might try to remap ourselves.

bye.

ashills

if he is running a gt35 on a rebuilt engine he should be doing mid 11's at the leati would have said

A

AJ4

hmmm, this is a bit weird. Your map appears to have been tuned by a ruler !

There is something seriously wrong or you have probably the worst map every tuned, ever.

As an example, here is what a standard fuel map looks like. I have converted the figures to 'target afr' so you can get an idea of what the fueling is doing. I prefer looking at maps in this way although it takes a bit of getting used to. The very front of the graph is the highest load / highest rpm point, and going back into the page the rpm and load decreases.

You can see that round about the low idle / low load cells that the target afr is around 14.5 - 14.7 : 1 which is fine, and at high load the target AFR comes right down to 9.5 : 1. This is very rich ( everyone knows the standard map is rich :D ) and it is only what the ECU is trying to achieve, in reality its more like 11 :1. You can see on the map that after a certain rpm and load, the ecu just throws in as much fuel as it possibly can.

Overall the standard map looks about right, even though its has a few steps and lumps in it that could be smoothed out.

By comparison then with your 'tuned' map, this is what yours looks like -

In other words, you either have a severe problem with your PFC or its not tuned at all....

A

AJ4

Here is what your friends map looks like, it is not much better than yours -

Here is a typical map from 700cc injector / big turbo -

Thats what your map should look like... :(

A

AJ4

Oh my God !!! Just seen the last map you sent, its not tuned at all !!

Bloody so called tuners, this is why they have such a bad name ! I think I'd be getting in touch with whoever mapped these cars and asking for a refund, your very lucky that none of them have blown up.

I can't beileve that those maps are real, are you absolutely positive you are extracting the data ok from the maps ??

radiobar

hi !

ok,thanks for help.
i think that i will reset everything today

isnt your 700 map to rich ?
i think target afr should be around 12.5
i remember that the sticky PFC thread says 13.1 as target.

and can you give me some info about ignition settings ?

i know that high values can or will cause knock,
but will increase power.
also a rich AFR will decrease power.

so can i reduce knock with a richer mixture ?
if yes - is it better to run a rich AFR with high ignition values
or maybe lean AFR(around 13) with lower ignition.

thank you very much.

bye.

radiobar

hi !

well....this are the maps he send me a few days ago.

i will compare the excel files with my PFC via commander
to see if the data is correct.

thanks
bye.

A

AJ4

The 'target' values in the powerfc are only that, targets. You set what AFR you would like and the PFC tries to make it. It only works if you have the right fuel pressure / injectors set up though. If you increase the fuel pressure, the 'target' AFR would be lower.

What I do is set up the map to the AFR ratios that I want and then set the fuel pressure so that I get most of them, makes it much easier to tune as most of the values are nearly correct and only some need tweaking.

The 18-19 AFR at idle is because of the closed loop idle system moving the igniton around and it wont read correctly. If you disable it and run open loop, it should be around 14.7 : 1

You can reduce knock with more fuel but you will lose power. There is also a danger of bore wash if it is too rich. You are better retarding the ignition and having the fuel more or less correct.

I can't understand why your getting 18-19 AFR at idle and 12 at full load, as from those maps you have virtually no fuel control....

Please check the commander values with the maps, as I dont believe the maps are correct...

radiobar

hey !

just checked it and all values are "correct"
so there is no transfer or extracting problem.

as the values are targets
what does it exactly mean when i have
a value of 0,957 - how can know what AFR it is?

thanks for help
i will reset everything now

A

AJ4

divide it into 14.7. ie

0.957 = 14.7 / 0.957 = 15.36:1 AFR

Like I said though, its only a target, what you actually get in real life is down to your fuel pressure, advance, air temperature, injectors etc etc. Think of it as a rough guide or a good starting point though.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Those maps are scarey:shock: never seen them like that before but it explains a lot. Poor R!

radiobar

hey !

ok,thanks

i will reset everything and see how it goes.
so when target is 13.1 (see sticky thread about powerfc)
why cant i set all values to 1,122

i think that is how its mapped now...

i will post this thread to him and see.
but i dont think that we will get any money back.

bye.