Parts from Rishi

P

pulsarboby

thats grim

i dropped my fibreglass westfield bonnet last year (or rather it flew off the car as i forgot to lock it down lol) and thats not as bad as yours.
youll be wasting your money getting it repaired as the vibrations will stress crack it again......so you would be better doing as im gonna do.....get it wrapped in carbon fibre;-)

Spikey

That was my first thought too. So i will get it wrapped.
Still dont think its worth the 165£ i paid so im gonna get on to him...

Spikey

No he wanted Bank transfer so unless i come to agreement with him there is prob not much i can do :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I bought a C/F turini bonnet new from SE Nissan. It took months to arrive and was a piece of shit. Air bubbles everywhere, one corner damaged, so I'd say it was possibly down to them, not Rishi, I can't realy tell to well from the photo.

In comparison when my CFX bonnet arrived from Canada it was a blemish free work of art.

vpulsar

At least it arrived in one piece lol, I wouldn't fitted to any car of mine that's for sure.

And I'm now free of Rishi stuff so I can actually get on with my own motor.

John

johnsy

that'll be the reason why he didnt want johnny to come and look at it before he bought it

Spikey

I have sanded it all down and then ill get it Carbon wrapped. Other that that il looks well made with a good fit.

vpulsar

hows the datsun:focus:
Well the Datsun is a bit of a pain at the moment, I was in the middle of fitting my new triple 45's and found one of my manifold studs had stripped it's thread. Even worse it had already been helicoiled badly so I'm thinking about whether to try and bodge it in situ again or remove the head and do the job properly by taking it to a machine shop, I don't really want to spend to much on this engine because I have a bigger one sitting in th garage waiting for a rebuild.

I think I'll take it off tomorrow if I can get the size for the special bit of wood you need to lock the cam chain in place lol.

John.

vpulsar

I saw these on passionford a few weeks back. Apparantly they're better than helicoils.
http://www.timesert.com/

Cheers captain, I don't think they would work on the exhaust manifold unless I could counter sink it into the head so it fits flush with the head, It's only £12 to get the job done properly plus £20-£30 for new head gasket and a few quid for a rocker cover gasket, So I had better do the job properly.

John

stumo

Time serts are great, way better than helicoils, the only downside is the cost of the kits.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Could you countersink or open up the hole in the manifold instead to give it clearance if you can't do the head?
Or you could just get a bigger drill bit an open the head enough to clear that lip before you drill it to the right size for the time sert.