Loosing too much fuel

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Please stop using words like "wud" "coz" "wot" "sed" "bk" (text talk) and anything else along them lines thank you!

darkyGTI-R

220bhp is a standard uk spec sunny gtir 227bhp is the jap import pulsar gtir even with those low bhp out puts as you call it they will and have blown most modern cars off the road for the simple fact they are extremely quick on take off!

shroom

ok pobody, i wud have thought 220 is pretty low for a pulsar, after what i read online! i was expecting it to be putting out about 260 at least and then around 280 with alll the little mods! :p :p :-o maybe even 300! lol, im just rerally optomistic! and love having the bragging rights! either way i pull it off! i say my cars running 300 bhp, now im realy not sure! however on stock boost i rememebr keeping up with a vauxhall vxr 2009, and thats at 237 bhp, hmm

do you know anyone who is a pulsar enthuiast and wud check my pulsar over for free! :-D (my optomistic side speaking) lol anything extra il pay for like a rolling road or wotever!
what do you mean read online :lol: or online now reading this :doh:

all this bragging rights and racing astra's how old are you :?
subaru's are a much better car, I find my burbery cap fouls on the sunvisor in a pulsar but you dont get this with a scooob, plus you can turn the boost sooooo high!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
All the figures were lower than I expected, but that kind of thing tends to just be a p!ssing contest for the pub; I didn't make as much power as Andy or Jim, but I made more power than a car stuck at 0.7bar of boost.
I'd like to think that sorting my ignition out would claw a bit back, but if it just smooths the curve(s) out I'll be happy.

You don't need to brag about who has the biggest power from their engine; the astra is a heavier car so needs more power to make-up for the weight. Anyone who just quotes BHP figures doesn't really understand any mechanics.