Loosing too much fuel

Thanks. :-D. Ok so about the fluctuating needle. I was adjusting it to see the difference. And i was told that if its on full. I.e if its fully adjusted then it wud give better top end speed. But wud be taking a lot of fuel when driving slow. And if its on low , then it shud improve the fuel economy. Or bring it bk to normal. So to try and improve the fuel economy i adjusted the fpr and also too see how it affects the guage. I set it to just before the car starts to miss. Bt the needle is jammed on 3. Il go to the autoshop to get a nice new guage. And then report bk later today loll.

As for mpg. My return at the moment is 25 miles in £10, .:doh:

ther must be a problem. It used to give mee at least 50.

Ok. So ive replaced the fpr with a brand new one. And the problem persists. The fpr guage is showing no reading. However when we blocked off the fuel line out of the fpr we found the Fpr showing pressure. But once we connected the fuel line back. It went bk to 0. So i believe the fpr is not the problem. Cud it be the fuel pump? Injectors? Any ideas. Thanks:sad:

gtirjoey

source a standard regulator, 99% of aftermarket fpr are cheap crap regardless of what you payed for it....
where are you based ive got a few lol you can have one for FREE
whoever told you adjusting your fpr to maximum improves top end needs shooting

:-D freee! your not wrong about the aftermarket fpr's, the damn thing was leaking from every possible angle. all the nuts and bolts were loose, and after tightening, they stil leaked! totaly wrecked my day! lol im based in birmingham mate! if ther are any postal costs, il cover them!

but even still! would you say a standard fpr wil resolve the problem?

the R runs fine, but i can just feel that its not fuly commiting! and the fuel economy is bonkers!

cud an uprated fuel pump do the trick? ( i dont realy want ot go down that road tho) :p

p.s. he was shot! :yuck: haha

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I have a standard FPR with a Walbro 255lph pump, and although my economy is not exceptional I don't think it's bad either. I usually get ~200 miles out of each tank doing mainly short drives (~15-20 minutes) to and from work; more when I get on the motorway.

gtirjoey

Fit the standard regulator and go from there, you will probably find it cures your problems...
pm your address, it may take a couple of days for me to get time to get down the post office

darkyGTI-R

Did you say you upped the boost to 1bar and you have a standard fuel pump?:doh:
That really is not a good move mate I was nagged constantly from various members on sites that you have to have the uprated pump to cope with the extra boost!!:shock:
I would put the boost back to .7 that you had it on and then replace that standard pump with either walbro 255 or bosche I forget the full name of it!8)
Hope this helps:thumbsup:

ok, so i gather i deffinately need a walbro 255 fuel pump! ebay? sumthin like £75 . seems reasonable.

ok so, thanks to gtirjoey, i should have my stock fpr soon! :-D

if i can get 150+ miles out of my R on full tank , i wil be more then chuffed!

darky, i did up the boost! and cant go back now! lol i had it at stock, got bored, so i turned it higher, got bored, and turned it higher! and now im bored, so i need to change my fuel pump! haha

thanks guyss! :thumbsup:

(once you boost, you dont go back)

MarkTurbo

i had it at stock, got bored, so i turned it higher, got bored, and turned it higher! and now im bored, so i need to change my fuel pump! haha
So you've kept upping the boost despite still having a standard fuel pump :der:

If you've upped the boost 25 miles on £10 of fuel is probably about right ;-) What were you expecting 40 mpg or something :lol:

gtirjoey

dont really see the desperate need for an uprated pump at 1 bar on pretty much a standard car, yes it would be nice but its hardly a neccesity is it

shroom

darky, i did up the boost! and cant go back now! lol i had it at stock, got bored, so i turned it higher, got bored, and turned it higher! and now im bored, so i need to change my fuel pump! haha

thanks guyss! :thumbsup:

(once you boost, you dont go back)
why cant you go back? becuase it will be slower than a scooby then init, try 1.5 bar that should see good mpg as your engine uses itself to combust ;-)

pobody, you have a standard fpr and a walbro fuel pump! is your car standard? mine has the following gear, a standard fpr, on its way) 5ziegen exhaust , decat, hks afr, blitz dsbc, FMIC, and an air filter. and probably sum more stuff! but i wud have guessed it has the everything to keep stable at 1 bar!

ok gtirjoey, minus the walbro for now, lets see if ther is any improvement with a standard fpr and boost set to .7 .

what wud explain the guage on the adjustable fpr showing no pressure? is that a possible issue with the fuel pump then? coz thers no other explanation. haha! joke

shroom, wen i sed i cant go bk i meant, once your in a turbo car (once you boost) , you cant find the same kick in a non turbo! lol, (you cant go back) you cant find the feelng of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST! lol

1.5 is on the menu! :p

"what wud explain the guage on the adjustable fpr showing no pressure? is that a possible issue with the fuel pump then? coz thers no other explanation." no joke! im serious!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
pobody, you have a standard fpr and a walbro fuel pump! is your car standard? mine has the following gear, a standard fpr, on its way) 5ziegen exhaust , decat, hks afr, blitz dsbc, FMIC, and an air filter. and probably sum more stuff! but i wud have guessed it has the everything to keep stable at 1 bar!
Define "standard"; is it as it came from the factory? No.
Does it have lots of electronic toys and run a non-factory map or ECU? No.
It does have a FMIC (probably bigger than it needs), and a 2.5" exhaust from the elbow back (including a silenced decat). At the rolling road day it held a stable 1bar with good fuelling (lean at idle to ~11.5 at peak power, to rich when it hit the limiter) using just a bleed valve (which is quite suprising given that it's not a dawes device). - My power was down, put that was an ignition problem rather than a boost or fuelling problem.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
My power was down, but that was an ignition problem rather than a boost or fuelling problem.
Not the best person to ask. Mine made something like 217bhp whereas other who didin't have ignition problems or a limiter still on their ECU made much more than mine.

ok pobody, i wud have thought 220 is pretty low for a pulsar, after what i read online! i was expecting it to be putting out about 260 at least and then around 280 with alll the little mods! :p :p :-o maybe even 300! lol, im just rerally optomistic! and love having the bragging rights! either way i pull it off! i say my cars running 300 bhp, now im realy not sure! however on stock boost i rememebr keeping up with a vauxhall vxr 2009, and thats at 237 bhp, hmm

do you know anyone who is a pulsar enthuiast and wud check my pulsar over for free! :-D (my optomistic side speaking) lol anything extra il pay for like a rolling road or wotever!