how much have you spent on your r?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I tell you if i was starting from scratch knowing what i do now it would go something like this...

Billet Engine(2L - 2.3L) - £4000
Drivetrain - £6000
Suspension & Diffs - £3000
Turbo and Cooling - £2000
Management and Fueling - £3000
Wheels & Tyres - £1000
Interior Gauges, Seats and Harness - £1000

Total Cost - £20,000

Result - 500bhp to 900bhp Monster depending on the desired spec with the above build costs..

I'm not breaking it down to details but thats what it would cost if you really wanted something like that...

You also have to remember that this is based on a decent base car...

Just thought it would be a good comparison to what most have actually spent and what they have got for their money..

I personally went from one spec to another so it cost me a hell of a lot more than that... Standard > 280bhp > 330bhp > 400bhp ----> Project GTiR700.

Costs all mount up through buying various gearboxes, ecu's, turbo's, engine specs etc...

Rishi

Ricky_GTi-R

slatsey said:
i can take a joke but people ask 4 advice and help an some people pi ss on there chips and thats not funny
Right mate, you needed to read the full thread before poking that nose of yours in. The guy wasnt asking for help or advice, he was being a big headed useless pratt, hence why he got the **** ripped out of him, if you dont act like a complete and utter **** end then im sure Rob, stumo(note the small s) and a few other banter people (defo not me:lol: ) wouldnt feel the need to rip the ****, but yet some people just ask for it, and he was definitely one of those people!

End of rant, can we get this back on topic!

I still want to know how much Rishi has spent:lol: :roll: ;-)

Ricky

Last edited:
O

Odin

abyss said:
Add my 2 pence worth, wouldn't **** on the queen if she was on fire.

That's you're opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it fella 8) ;-) , But you don't have to like her to respect her language mate.

Rob

O

Odin

abyss said:
Who said the English language was the queen's.

The English language may not be her personal property, But people always say the "Queens English" when they speak about it, We could say it's "Shakespeare's English" I suppose fella if that would make you feel better, Or indeed that it was Burt down the local chip shop that taught us all how to speak English in the 1400th century :shock: .

But I'll stick with what I was taught at school ;-) :thumbsup: .

Rob

Most of us may speak English, but there's a hell of a lot of people on this forum (and others) that can't write it for shit :(

Lazyness in written prose gets on my woolly mitts ;)

:rip: the written English language.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
To clear this up. When people refer to the Speaking the Queen's English they are refering speaking with the it's correct elegance.

As for the Queen actually speaking the Queen's English, well it has been discovered that she now speaks with an intonation more Chelmsford than Windsor. Elizabeth II has dumbed down – albeit unwittingly – to fit in with the classless zeitgeist of New Labour's Britain.

Now :focus:

Rishi

O

Odin

LMFAO that's a quality reply Rishi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Now please someone must of spent more than me :oops:, I know of one man thats spent at least twice as much as I :shock: , But he's not on this forum so doesn't count :doh: :lol: .

Rob

Fazz

I'm running relatively low...

In Sterling,
Car = 5k
Mods = 500 ! :) the advantage of buying one wit bits done
Rebuild/Repairs = about 2.5k

so about 8k .

Then the mods that are on route = add another 1.5-2k

So for about 10k should see the 400bhp .

And the car is prob then worth 6-7k ish... not that I'd sell. But would be shitting over cars worth about 3 times that...

PaulB

Well i bought mine completely standard for £3700

spent:- 300 wheels
100 Scorpion
50 HKS Filter
650 4pots
300 Clutch
450 fitting and service
250 FMIC
70 Walbro
100 MP headunit
50 boost gauge
200 bodywork (delocked)
100 door seals
100 various

SO £6520 and thats my lot, well happy with it being quick enough and reliable.

:thumbsup:

T

tro||

£20,000 for a 900bhp pulsar, no chance in hell, you'd struggle to build a well spec'd 500bhp car from scratch for that tbh.

MarkTurbo

Thunder God said:
£46000 and counting :shock: :der: :oops: .
All that for a car thats in the garage after blowing up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've spent about 9k ish i think including buying the car, and then theres the 5 grand fuel bill :der: