GTIROC Trackday 2009

stumo

The car is full so can't get a table in there (if i had one, although i was looking at them in Costco last week)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've had a look - I could do a folding ladder that doubles as a work platform (it's got a couple of flat plates that go over the wrungs). If nobody can do better, I'll put it in the Amica.

stumo

I don't think Jim will be joining us tomorrow, had a phonecall that he's puking his ring up.:cry:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
What a brilliant day!!

Want to say a big thank you to everyone who turned up (specially those who have travelled from far and wide!) and of course Andy for organising this!

I will try and put all of the pictures and videos up as soon as. Thanks again everyone for making this a brilliant day.

Last edited:

nathan

It was a good day i have about 200 photos just up loading them now then will put a link up to photo bucket

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I didn't really take many photos... but I was too busy giving everyone my opinion whether they wanted it or not.
Commiserations to Boby - it was a real shame to have come all the way up here only to have that pump seize.
Thanks to Andy - it was a really good turn-out, and that's as many GTi-Rs as I've ever seen in one place at one time before!

...and now back to the grindstone.

stumo

Top day!!! Big thanks to Fubar for organising it!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The morning started out damp and a bit foggy (i guess the fog went by the time we got on track), there was the usual mix of standard cars all the way up to race cars, from a 106 to a Mercedes Maclaren to a Clio Cup......

The track dried out towards lunch and things got a little faster.....

Everyone enjoyed their track time and there wer no incidents involving the R's, a few other cars went off.

stumo

Forgot to mention.....

You know how your mum always used to say "your face will stick like that" when you were pulling faces as a kid.....well Nathan really does look like his avatar, i guess the wind did actually blow that time.........:doh:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Yep thanks to Andy for organising the day top stuff. Good to see all the usual suspects and put some faces to a few other names.

Sorry I turned up late but at least I managed to keep my guts down :oops:

I did see one R to the side of the track on the way round, I'm not sure who's it was or what the problem? Hopefully they got back okay.

I look forward to seeing some photos

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
that's good news, I'm glad it was a good'un..................hope everyone got home ok

A big well done and thank you to Andy for arranging it..........

Trondelond

Nice photos, gutted that I couldn't join you, but my schedule didn't allow it unfortunately. Hopefully there'll be a next time. :)

In my defence, I was busy doing this :

Had a great day :thumbsup:even though my car kept breaking!:doh:
Thanks to Andy and everyone involved in the organising, you did a fantastic job!:-D
Good luck Bob in fixing your car again, I'm sure it won't be a problem for you though! :-D
It was good to meet everyone and thanks for everyones help, your a great bunch! :thumbsup:
Can't wait fot the next GTIROC track day! :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

im back lol, only 5 hours journey:lol:

great to meet everyone and hope you all enjoyed your day, most cars seemed to behave themselves which is good news:-D8)

i would like to say i had a good day but it was never meant to be:lol:

from the moment i left essex i think i was doooooooomed:lol:
first the relay light cover on my truck went sailing off the roof down the motorway somewhere, probably ended up embedded in someones windscreen:doh:
huge holdups on m6 due to 2 seperate accidents (what a crap road, i hate the m6)
then starter solenoid has gone on truck so is a lottery if its going to start every time i stopped:doh:

trackday
warm up laps on track, car starts chucking fuel out the filler cap (warning for that):doh:
out on track (first lap at end of the main straight) turn in right and fuel all over the rear tyre....6 pirrouettes and off the track i go onto the grass....luckily no damage so just carries on.
anyway fixes the fuel prob
back on track again 1 lap then i lose power steering as belt decided to break taking the other one with it too:doh:
fixes that prob with 2 replacement belts:-D
out again but this time i get 3 laps on slicks, just getting some heat in tyres then.... ping...another belt breaks:doh:
back in pits game over as p/s pump has seized.....hows my luck :lol:

been driving the car for weeks... no probs at all, been on the rollers...no probs, first sniff of a track and :roll:
guess it just wasnt my lucky day!

but as said was good to meet everyone and the day itself was a big success i think, pity theres not more like this as everyone seemed to have a good time.

Nasher

Yep thanks to Andy for organising the day top stuff. Good to see all the usual suspects and put some faces to a few other names.

Sorry I turned up late but at least I managed to keep my guts down :oops:

I did see one R to the side of the track on the way round, I'm not sure who's it was or what the problem? Hopefully they got back okay.

I look forward to seeing some photos
I believe that was me! I destroyed 3rd gear, then over heated while I was on the side of the track, good times. Managed to get back to Suffolk ok though! Great to see some R's on track, when is the next trackday???

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Glad people had fun today.

I'm totally knackered and I'm off to bed, I'll rattle up a review for people to read.

The next GTIROC trackday will be sometime next year :thumb:

(gutted that Nathan didn't have his shirt with him :cry: ahh well there is next year) :lol:

nathan

Glad people had fun today.

I'm totally knackered and I'm off to bed, I'll rattle up a review for people to read.

The next GTIROC trackday will be sometime next year :thumb:

(gutted that Nathan didn't have his shirt with him :cry: ahh well there is next year) :lol:
im sorry it did turn up and i now have it i will wear it next time i promise

vss irvine

made it home in one piece, almost 6 hour drive home due to traffic!

had a really good day, and well done to andy and all helpers for organising the day, i counted around 16 pulsars, surely that must be a record?

thanks to whoever supplied all the munchies! and was good to finally meet people, sorry if i didnt get round you all but i was too busy out on track hanging on!!

just wasnt your day bob? but fair play for the effort!

ill get some videos from the action camera up tomorrow

ChrisS

Great day, thanks to Andy for organising. Dont think ive seen as many R's in one place for years...... and running!! Roll on next year's events, lets hope this was the first of many.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I believe that was me! I destroyed 3rd gear, then over heated while I was on the side of the track, good times. Managed to get back to Suffolk ok though! Great to see some R's on track, when is the next trackday???
I'm glad you got sorted. Did you get back under your own steam or did it need a flat bed?