GTiROC – The Future?

stumo

I think it's widely known that Rob was the biggest knobber on the forum
You'll find it was the people he was "criticising" were the knobbers who wouldn't know what banter was even if it smacked them on the forehead.

This forum will go rapidly downhill from this point, due to Rob not being here, because of all the txt typing illiterates on here.

Garef

Fair enough Stumo, I probably should worded that differently to sort confusion. I should have said it was believed he was the biggest knobber. I was trying to stick up for the guy and I do believe that the forum will be less well monitored without him.

John

Fair enough Stumo, I probably should worded that differently to sort confusion. I should have said it was believed he was the biggest knobber. I was trying to stick up for the guy and I do believe that the forum will be less well monitored without him.
Rob was a genuine guy, he didnt put up with BS hence why alot of people grew to dislike him, altho some of his comments to the likes of Bob were out of order.

I mean he went out of his way to drop off a set of wind deflectors I needed in the early hours of the morning after driving all the way from down in England :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

quote=John;383698]Rob was a genuine guy, he didnt put up with BS hence why alot of people grew to dislike him, altho some of his comments to the likes of Bob were out of order.[/quote]

just thought i would quickly say something here before the thread gets off track:doh: please dont reply back to this statement as its nowt to do with andys good thread but i just wanna make one thing clear!
ive met rob in the past and he came across as a descent enough fella as has been pointed out.
i dont mind remarks being made about myself as a person, il take them in good heart and give back as good as i get without whining like a little girl, that is banter:-D....but he did overstep the mark with a comment made about my business (which is mainly internet based) this caused me a prob with a customer who has his car booked in for a lot of work to be done, i had to explain robs remark to him, he was a newby and this i should not have to do, the remark made was completely uncalled for and unjust, and this is why i lost my rag so to speak!

i personally think rob was bored with the site and wanted out himself and thought the best way to go out was by winding me up (he knew full well that i would bite where my business was concerned) and sure enough i did'nt dissapoint!
the remarks i made about him were also over the top but i can just imagine him sitting there p1ssing himself laughing at my reaction, ive since deleted them as the things i wrote about him were unjust aswell, which 'lets be fair' makes me no better:lol:
im up for a good crack as much as anyone of you's and im sure those that have met me will varify that 'except for stumo whos gonna get his butt kicked all over the place:lol:'
but i do however take exception to my business being demeaned unless someone has just cause to do so, and yes i will bite if it effects something ive worked my socks off for the past 3 years to get on track, now if that makes me a miserable humourless knob then so be it:lol::lol:

anyway:focus:

P

pulsarboby

what boots would you like her to wear? hows about the thigh high steelies:lol::lol:

GTIR-LOZ

here is my two pence worth ( before bobs missus becomes the center of attention for the foot fetish members out there:lol:)

i like my car, its rubbish but i like it:lol:
i did not join the club to go to meets - and in that resepect i have only been to one in the 8 years i have been here (it was cold and wet and pretty sh1t at santa pod although some good gtir runs)

i joined the club for the wealth of information that is avaliable here and the contacts and parts that you can aquire through people on here and without it i really think my car would have been sent to a scrap yard years ago!!!
Not everyone wants to travel the country to go to meets which i understand however if you say you are going then go dont just not turn up, that makes you unreliable and the club look pathetic

There have been some good ideas especially bobs and garefs and the raffle idea (maybe our sponsors could donate a prize so all money goes towards these banners and things everyone seems to want?) i will definatley be going to the 20 years celebration event as it is quite a milestone for our aging cars but as with garefs idea maybe starting off small i.e 1 regional event a year or 6 months is good as people will look forward to meeting up after bobs intial country wide one and seeing the progress from the last time would be good as well as catching up with some old and new friends

i dont think robs leaving will be too bad as long as the moderators can cope at the end of the day he was a nob to many and a friend to many that was the way he was a bit like marmite i guess!

maybe a club newsletter should go out once a year or every six months giving the dates for meets prices etc after all its easy to forget when something is if its only on a website if its pinned to your notice board its alot easier to plan around and remember especially if you dont come on here alot

kirko

the demise of the club is obviously about a lot more than fat rob leaving:doh:
he was actually very useful for putting all the mongs into place and getting rid of the text speak but lets face it 'gtiroc' has the unfortunate position of being populated by younger or poorer members than other clus due to the price of the 'R'
this means less cash to spend on meets,trackdays,club meets etc
the solution is incorporating less expensive meets or activities,and some kind of reward system for the most active attendees to organised events

deank93

There seems to be lots of talking and no action.

The issues are clear, so what is the solution?

A few years ago there wasn't much happening, not wanting to blow my own trumpet but rather than piss and moan about what events used to be like around 1999-2001 i decided to contact a couple of national mags and organise thrash days at Bruntingthourpe, we got multi page features in J-Tuner and the front cover of Banzai which got members of both clubs together, raised the profile of the clubs and car along with being bloody good fun.

Just a suggestion but why not contact Total Nissan, I love to do it myself but don't own a GTIR anymore which, if i'm being honest, lessens my motivation plus sadly i don't have the time to dedicate to arranging.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just a suggestion but why not contact Total Nissan, I love to do it myself but don't own a GTIR anymore which, if i'm being honest, lessens my motivation plus sadly i don't have the time to dedicate to arranging.

Rishi did put a call out for people, whether enough replied...?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!

Rishi did put a call out for people, whether enough replied...?
Managed to get Joe Green's car into Total Nissan already...

I had loads of response from people interested but heard nothing back from anyone other than Joe Green after that...

Dean - i hear what you're saying about the old 1/4mile and top speed shootouts as well but last time we ran into issues.. Noise limits are tighter which most high powered GTiR's will fail.. We struggled to get a venue last time.. The magazine gave up in the end..

deank93

Good pint Rishi, i'd forgottern about the sound issue.......seems odd though as the ford mags seem to be at Brunters every other month with a thrash of some description.

P

pulsarboby

if you contact total nissan yourselves they will do a write up on your car.
ive had them phone me 4 times already wanting to do article on my car etc but i cant be assed with it tbh.
there looking for someone with track orientated car to do a write up on, whether its just a ruse to get me to advertise with them or not i dont know!

anyway andy, whats your conclusion to all the posts made? are we heading to armageddon or is the future bright and orange with the club:lol::lol: