GTiROC – The Future?

R

riske

perhaps the club could even throw in a couple of trophies for best turned out car of the day
fastest lap time for those on track etc etc, just a general fun day alround!

Is that so you can take em home bobby?? lol

I'm definately up for this!!!!!!! get me booked in to sort my car. Your far too busy these days! :boby:

P

pulsarboby

lol the only trophy i want is for the most tie clips and rivets used on a car:lol::lol:
craigs on holiday this week but il give you a bell at the weekend;-)

R

riske

Ah yes i remember now... speak to you soon. You never know, the way thigs are, the trophy could be made of tie clips and rivets!!!

wiseman gtir

its to put names to faces, have a good crack, and maybe learn a few things or get a few ideas from like minded enthusiasts:
but for those with tiptop cars such as jon saddler etc it does give them the opportunity to show off their cars in a mini style show n shine day! but this by no means should make others feel that their particular cars are inadequate, as many others will also have rotten arches etc!

anyway i may have come up with an answer to the above 3 groups ive labelled, so hows about this....

what about we actually organise a meet at a trackday venue somewhere around the middle of the country???
we could even make it a 2 day thing for those like myself and others that have to travel a fair way.
we could have convoys from various parts of uk to the venue (being a pub b+b near the track in question) all go out for a meal and pissup the night before:-D
then the following day actually hold the meet at the trackday venue (nearlly all tracks have huge car parking spaces for spectators etc and it will cost you nothing) there are good burger and tea facilities already on the track grounds so that takes care of all the greedy fcukers:lol:
the best bit about it is you dont have to take your car on track, you can go out for a passenger ride if you wish (which im sure myself, andy and a few others would have no objections to) and for the rest of you that want to talk about cars, mods, or what your plans are for your rust bucket then you can do so with like minded enthusiasts with a beer in your hand and more importantly 'without feeling uncomfortable' you can even bring the g/f or wives along if you wish and they can all go off and talk about nice pretty things as girls do:lol::p

now surely something like this makes sense and will cater for everyones needs, its also gonna be a cheap day or days out fot those that are not participating on track.

perhaps the club could even throw in a couple of trophies for best turned out car of the day
brilliant ider bob i am up for this just as long as you and andy give me a passenger ride :oops: i don't think my car is ready for the track yet. But i will get there in the end mike

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
seems to me that judging by all the comments made that the club is divided into 3 categories, these being

1) track day buffs like myself and a fair few others
2) those that like the general meets, road convoys etc
3) those that are ashamed of there cars for fear of being ridiculed if there not up to scratch or running 20 zillion horse power:lol:

i can see what pobody is saying and i think its a very honest statement thats perhaps shared by a few others too that havent posted.
all i can say to that is 'who cares' i couldnt give a monkeys toss what people think about my chaved up piece of tin which is held together with pop rivets and tie clips:lol::lol:
surely the idea of events is to meet like minded enthusiasts not the people in the honda club or any other come to that, or to show off to others about how much money you have spent on your particular car, when others may not be so well off.

its to put names to faces, have a good crack, and maybe learn a few things or get a few ideas from like minded enthusiasts:
but for those with tiptop cars such as jon saddler etc it does give them the opportunity to show off their cars in a mini style show n shine day! but this by no means should make others feel that their particular cars are inadequate, as many others will also have rotten arches etc!

anyway i may have come up with an answer to the above 3 groups ive labelled, so hows about this....

what about we actually organise a meet at a trackday venue somewhere around the middle of the country???
we could even make it a 2 day thing for those like myself and others that have to travel a fair way.
we could have convoys from various parts of uk to the venue (being a pub b+b near the track in question) all go out for a meal and pissup the night before:-D
then the following day actually hold the meet at the trackday venue (nearlly all tracks have huge car parking spaces for spectators etc and it will cost you nothing) there are good burger and tea facilities already on the track grounds so that takes care of all the greedy fcukers:lol:
the best bit about it is you dont have to take your car on track, you can go out for a passenger ride if you wish (which im sure myself, andy and a few others would have no objections to) and for the rest of you that want to talk about cars, mods, or what your plans are for your rust bucket then you can do so with like minded enthusiasts with a beer in your hand and more importantly 'without feeling uncomfortable' you can even bring the g/f or wives along if you wish and they can all go off and talk about nice pretty things as girls do:lol::p

now surely something like this makes sense and will cater for everyones needs, its also gonna be a cheap day or days out fot those that are not participating on track.

i no its a long shoot but would anyone come over this side off the pond 4 a show in sept that will inclued
track time
300m sprints
time attack
pro drifting :doh:
and a stand for our bits off tin :lol::lol:
if so i will put a thread up about it

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
We've done this in the past..

The last man to win the trophy below...

However, nowadays its been increasingly difficult to get people to events.. I'm looking forward to this Anniverary National Day.. I'm hoping we get a big turnout for it..

Annual trophies should be awarded at this sort of event. A while ago i even had a bunch of catagories laid out...

Personally i'd be more interested in track days but there seem to be far fewer people who are ever ready for these sort of events either..

GTiR-Shaz

it would be a good idea to merge the modifiers with the OC. also merchendising and advertising of the GTiROC would do wonders for the club IMO. japanese performance or Banzai magazines could get involved somehow to. also the gtirs need to move away from the MAX POWER bodykits because the R is a rare beast as it is, so when people actually see one, its most likely going to have some 2fast2furious shite kit on!!!

R

riske

naa just quite funny to put a face to a name and then rip the piss out of him.

saddler

However, nowadays its been increasingly difficult to get people to events.. I'm looking forward to this Anniverary National Day.. I'm hoping we get a big turnout for it..
Annual trophies should be awarded at this sort of event. A while ago i even had a bunch of catagories laid out...
trophies are on my to do list.. it would be good if i could get sponcership for the award with the companies logo on there like in the link
As they real dont cost that much,,
http://www.allsportsawards.co.uk/acatalog/Trophies_X63060.html

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’d like to point out that comparing us to the MLR is not an accurate measure.
However the points I was making was that the MLR have some good ideas as well as the GTROC, SXOC and so on.
I do feel that inspirations should be taken from such sites and attempted to be incorporated into the GTiROC as well as other people’s ideas.

I was thinking about National meet the other day and perhaps to increase numbers, awards should go to the best regional turn out; whether it’s the Scots, N/W S/E or Midlands; again it’s bringing people out with their cars.
As it’s a turnout award people don’t have to worry about their cars looks (I’ll be honest, I’m not going to win anything with my shed) and as stated people can discuss issues, improvements or general goings on with their cars.

A raffle could be created to win a set or brake pads of your choice. Raffle enough to cover the cost of some pads and then the rest of the cash made can be put back into the OC for other events, merchandise or running costs.

I like Bob’s idea of the trackday/meet. Somewhere like Donington would have been a good spot as its central to the UK (depending if there not digging it up).
It’s almost like JapFest in 2007, but more dedicated to our needs than a show’s.

I remember that Rishi said we could obtain discounts from Motorsport Vision if we had x amount of cars that would go on track, perhaps its worth looking into that and getting peoples feedback if they would want to participate.

Things are looking up
:-D

Rishi

I remember that Rishi said we could obtain discounts from Motorsport Vision if we had x amount of cars that would go on track, perhaps its worth looking into that and getting peoples feedback if they would want to participate.

Things are looking up
:-D

This is true.. One of the track day companies sent me an email a while back about group discounts for the club..

Rishi

I would need to get back on to them about a discount. I asked people a while ago and i got very little interest...

Leave that one with me and i'll speak to a few others too..

antgtir

Ive read the thread now, spotted it yesterday night.

IMO, maybe you cant compare the OC to the MLR, its like apples and oranges. However you could compare the methods and theory behind what they do and use these principles to forward the OC as a club.

There is always going to be many ideas floating around or aired time and time again, the trick is, is to actually do something about these (if they are suitable). I personally think the problem is the old saying "too many chef's in the kitchen". Because of this a final decision takes 10 times longer than really it should.

Its like trying to organise a football match in your local office or department, everyone wants to play (great) but 2 people want to play on wednesday, 2 people want to play on thursday and so on. At some point down the line you have to make a decision stick to it and move forward. If people cannot make the event, they cannot make the event.

With the above in mind however, it is imperative that "the people" understand that when a decision is made i.e. yes i am going to attend, that date should be set in stone (special circumstances to void only). This understanding needs to be maintained throughout the whole OC not just a few members. If this happens the events, RR days, trackdays will actually happen.

With regards to banners, gazeebo's etc for the club, someone needs to make a final decision on the easy things such as design, type colour etc etc etc and get the things produced. If necessary put a shelf life on the OC merchandise so the changes in design only occur every say two years etc, maybe this isnt possible?

With regards to the meets and events etc, I have certainly and others have in the past attended a meet in a different car, this is still as productive i feel as people are able to chat of the issues they have with their R on a one to one or face to face basis which as we all know is a hell of alot more productive than over the internet etc.

With regards to mods and admin teams, maybe if people do not have the amount of time required, by a single person with a full time job and family life, to spend on the OC carrying the daily activities or organising events / meets there should be double the number of staff working on the areas i.e. spreading the load.

There is definately a fine balance to be made with regards to the number of staff, who has the final decision and what the roles and responsibilities are, however with the right kind of tools i think the benefits it brings are very big. Maybe some sort of voting system with a deadline (that does not slip) of when to reply, if you haven't replied you dont get a second chance, that way things move forward and dont stand still.

The R is an old car now so to think everyone has got a pristine one is daft, you turn up with what you have, show your face and your support.

All of this is very easy to talk about but doing it is the hardest part. Instead of talking about it all the time we need to make it a commitment and almost a culture for members old and new to be involved in all parts of the OC.

The guys that have brought the club to were it is now need a big pat on the back imo as its definately not easy, it takes alot of dedication from a few to keep things moving forward, it takes dedication from all to make it a big success. Its for our benefit, we make it what it is, take ownership and it will pay dividends.

No matter how much each and every one of us preaches to the other we should sit back and really think "am i doing enough" i know i probably dont.

I think its good that people can express themselves on here and is again a very good feature of the club, these are our own opinions and arent necessarily the correct ones so as others have already said, dont take it the wrong way all comments from everyone, i feel are constructive ones, they give us direction which is exactly what we need.

Ant.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Its like trying to organise a football match in your local office or department, everyone wants to play (great) but 2 people want to play on wednesday, 2 people want to play on thursday and so on. At some point down the line you have to make a decision stick to it and move forward. If people cannot make the event, they cannot make the event.

With the above in mind however, it is imperative that "the people" understand that when a decision is made i.e. yes i am going to attend, that date should be set in stone (special circumstances to void only). This understanding needs to be maintained throughout the whole OC not just a few members. If this happens the events, RR days, trackdays will actually happen.
Hi guys......good point above ant.

I have actually had time to read all of the eight pages :p

The issue i had was with the track day that was arranged last year (i think) and hardly anyone could attend - myself & ant included. Families hey!
This i think was a huge chance for all of us to really benefit from the members fee that we pay and it all went to waste. I understand not everyone would want to take their car on track but even turning up to it and getting involved in the days events is enough to wet your appetite and a great way to meet new people / catch up with the oldies.

People do need to take a more positive attitude torwards the club. I know people can be sh*tty towards you and a lot of it is banter. I've been on here for 6 years, I have a load of abuse/crap thrown at me - mostly all of it was banter and I've seen some huge changes - some of them good, some of them bad, but we have all coped and got on with it.

Going forward, us mods/admin will keep on putting things into place that people request - like RR days, track days and meets etc but we really do you need guys to turn up.

I sorted out JTS last year with the Mods and by the time i had to sort things out, nearly all the people that wanted to go from here went with the mods directly or just didnt want to go on the stand. So you can see from this, I have actively been trying to join the two clubs together but some people that kick up a fuss dont want to know in the end!

We will be looking into all of these comments and taking your opinions into consideration - and that doesn't mean we'll be sitting off waiting for you to bring it up as an issue again!

Things take time and we all have our own lifes/jobs/families/homes to be dealing with aswell as a forum full of big girls ;-) :lol:

Aimée

P.S I will be keeping an eye out on all of you text typers!!!!!

Last edited:

paz

Re: merging meets - its really not that hard. For starters we're such paupers we don't have any banners or gazeebos anyway :lol:

Both clubs come, both clubs put up whatever banners/posters/flags they want. I'm more interested in meeting other people with these cars, looking at the work they've done to them and listening to their plans than bickering about which web site is best. I've never understood that mentality!

Paz

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Well, i asked them if i could put up our banners and they said as they had done all the hard work - booking the stand etc they wouldnt let me put it up.

Either way, if someone takes the responsibility of booking it on behalf of both clubs, then both forums would be able to put their banners/gazeebos up.

Aimee

Garef

Wow, this is a good thread, and I've also read all 8 pages.

I'm not a paid member, but have been on the forum for almost 7 years, so take my input however you like.

I would like to start off with the subject of posts. People are saying that too many members come on and ask question instead of searching for the answers they need. Now granted there is lots of information in the FAQ sections, however as we all know, our questions are not always in there and even when we do search we cannot find the answers. To make it easier to understand, from my own personal experience, I had a problem with my brakes, (as many of you probably read about) I searched through lots of posts and the problem was not with the questions or some of the replies, the problem for me was that the original poster would not come back and finish the thread by saying, either suggestion A B C or something else had worked for him and that was how to solve the problem. I have found this to be a pain in the neck, especially when there was up to ten suggestions and some of them being very costly. I have also experienced this when searching for a few other things as well and I would like to see something done about that, if possible. I reckon that would cut down on questions asked. Although it would be tough to monitor, so I know I'm probably pissing into the wind.

As for meets and events, I've only attended two in Scotland, partly because I only got my R in 2006 and was living in America until 2007. However I really enjoyed it and getting to meet other members. I feel the problem lies in the numbers as a few have stated earlier on, we cannot be compared to Primera, Micra or the MLR owners clubs. I know (talk to often) three Scottish members, and have met less than half a dozen others. The closest other R owner I know to me lives 20 minutes away. VssIrvine who I talk to the most lives over an hour away and then you have Mic and Rob although ex owners they live up to 3 hours away, the club is so spaced out and I think that is what makes meets difficult.

I really like Boby's idea of a meet in the centre of the country. If people want to go on track, then go for it, if people want to sit about, then go for that. A once a year thing along with a once a year regional meet. If we had something set in stone every year, two events then I think you would have more people attending. One national and one regional. That way people have something to note in their diary and dates to look forward to and plenty of time to plan ahead. Organizing meets a month in advance is really of no use as has been noted in the past. Sometimes less is more and that is maybe the way to look at it in this case. We don't have the numbers in our club for a once every month or even once every three months meet. So the above is my suggestion, two meets a year, one national like Boby said possibly a weekend event and one regional, whether it be a RR followed by a brisk drive and pub dinner. Like I said before, sometimes less is more.

Another point I would like to throw in is about people not being willing to attend events because of individuals on the forum and their attitudes. I think it's widely known that Rob was the biggest knobber on the forum, spoke his mind and was not short to criticize anyone. I met him twice in person and he was genuinely a nice enough guy, who enjoyed a laugh and joke as much as the next guy. I also think that it spoke volumes for someone to travel to two RR days from 3 hours away. The guy was committed to the club.

My last thing is, I moved back to America in September so I probably wouldn't be able to attend any that does get sorted, haha. I just thought it was important to throw out another opinion. I still own my R though. ;-)