Garage wrote my 'R' off yesterday

P

pulsarboby

what i cant work out is the tyre marks:?
the damage to the car is on the left hand front, but the tyre marks would indicate that the right hand side of car would have hit the tree, cant quite get my head round that one!

also from the angle of the ruts it would appear that he had either cut the corner of the t junction or been on the other side of the road!

Last edited by a moderator:

davey red.r

stugtir300 said:
the twat that did that to your motor wants his face kicking in,am sure there is a few folk on here that would gladly give him a slap,including me.
im on my way down now, with a baseball bat,and the flames from hell,:evil:
what a shame that sum mug has done that to the lads r ,i know accidents happen, but by the look of it, this is a case of carless driving, if you dont respect a performance car ,like this mug has done ,innocent people suffer, as he will when i turn up on his door in a few hours:lol:
take him to the cleaners. never mind his im sorry i couldnt handle your car excuses.

good luck.

davey;-)

O

Odin

If he was only doing 30/40 mph he would of easily been able to make that turn and then apply the hand brake, If indeed it was brake failure.

He'd of had to be doing 50 plus not make that turn, I'd call the Police myself and show one of their accident investigators the photo's.

Rob

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
what i cant work out is the tyre marks:?
the damage to the car is on the left hand front, but the tyre marks would indicate that the right hand side of car would have hit the tree, cant quite get my head round that one!

also from the angle of the ruts it would appear that he had either cut the corner of the t junction or been on the other side of the road!
He's hit the kerb and done the damage to the wheels, then slid slightly sideways (the left most track is the rear end) into the tree hitting it with the nearside front to middle.

I'd say that even 30-40 mph is way to fast to exit a junction like that. Normal people stop at those types of junction. ;-)

Paul

youngsyp

youngsyp said:
He's hit the kerb and done the damage to the wheels, then slid slightly sideways (the left most track is the rear end) into the tree hitting it with the nearside front to middle.

Paul
Scratch that.

That left most track is an old wound.

You can see the middle track is the damaged caused by the broken front wheel. Looking again at the pictures, the camera angles are skewing reality a touch. You can see where the car has followed a slight arch to the right and hit the tree almost square on but, slightly off to the N/S.

Paul

M

modifiede36m3

The funny thing is that is is also very close to a school.What a T**T!!!!

Steve

GTi-R23

Plus some of those tracks would've been caused when they were dragging it out. Does look funny though, the way the tracks veer stright towards that tree.

How far from the garage was the scene of the accident? As if he was only doing a short test drive to check something was working, he shouldn't have travelled too far from the garage anyway, what a twat.

jonee

turd face b'stard

now its not very often i get the chance to come on here any more so hi every one.

i'm truly gutted for you mate. the only piece of advise i can give you is to oppoint your very own loss adjustor to work on your behalf. these people will rape his insurance company on your behalf until you are happy with the result. one question, were the police notified of this accident if not then i'm pretty sure they would like to hear of his lack of ability of driving skills.

once again truly sorry for your loss.

good luck

jonee.

M

modifiede36m3

Thanks mate!. No The Police were not informed. The car was recovered even before I knew about it. The problem is getting a car with this spec for the money I paid. It is not going to happen again.

Steve

MORF114

Id say the tracks veer towards the tree because thats the way he was turning on the road hes hit the curb and the suspension and everything is bent towards the vehicle turning right.

I Doubt very much you will be able to buy it back.

M

modifiede36m3

Hi
Why dont you think I will be able to buy it back? I will try my hardest. LOL..its too good to let go to a scrapyard. Forged internals engine etc.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

KF79GTIR

Considering this bloke has complety destroyed your pride and joy he should be the doing everything he can to make sure you get it back and if he stats to mess you about tell him its not hard to name and shame your local paper would have a field day with this story.

Kev

Fire & skill

Vintage member
KF79GTIR said:
have a field day .

Kev

:roll:

had to get that one in eh.

thats definately a write off - it MAY scrape through as a cat c but I very much doubt it. as for buying it back - i'd notify the insurance company of your intentions straight away, but more than likely you will get it back ONLY for parts

M

modifiede36m3

Hi Kev.
That is a good idea I will get the garage to call his insurers to say that he wants me to have the car back..thanks Kev nice one!

Steve

KF79GTIR

modifiede36m3 said:
Hi Kev.
That is a good idea I will get the garage to call his insurers to say that he wants me to have the car back..thanks Kev nice one!

Steve

No worries Steve what you need to do is make him do all the work & if you feel he is not doing enough then tell the prick in some friendly words ;-) to start making an effort or you could severely damage his business.

Kev.

MORF114

All insurance companys should not let you buy back cat a or cat b vehicles they have to go to a liscened salvage dealer because they are not allowed back on the road and they have to provide proof that the vehicle has been destroyed (unfortunately its the law) cat B is Break only and i think if your suspension is damaged then it will be a cat B the body work, suspension damage 2 new front wheels and everything inside the bay which is damaged and maybe a straigtening of a leg is way past the value of the car so there is no money to make on a cat c, if the salvage yard were to sell it they would have to give it away for free for the customer to break even to put it back on the road for what one of the same condition is worth on the books not on pistonheads/autotrade/ebay etc, so there is more money to make in a cat B by breaking it for parts, then crushing the shell and provoiding proof of destruction to the goverment.

Dont forget that untill they pay out the car is yours to do what you please with it and if they do not wish to give it you back you can claim they have stolen it from you.

Involve a omberdsman is the best advise i can give you.

Last edited:
M

modifiede36m3

It is in storage at the moment with the guy who recovered it from where it was crashed. The owner of the recovery company is a friend of the person who crashed it. A mate of mine is a licenced salvage dealer, so maybe he will be able to get hold of it for me. will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.