Garage wrote my 'R' off yesterday

M

modifiede36m3

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy Archer

Just want to check I have got this right. A garage had your pride and joy to do some work on it and wrote it off?

Roy Archer

If that was my car I would be inside for murder by now. How dare they obviously drive your car like absolute c*nts (which they clearly have done) then lie to you saying they were only driving 30-40MPH. Do they honestly expect you to belive them. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH im gutted for you. Make sure you take them to the cleaners over this. If they offer to buy you a replacement car make sure its the best one for sale and most expensive. ARSEHOLES

Braveheart

Roy Archer said:
If that was my car I would be inside for murder by now. How dare they obviously drive your car like absolute c*nts (which they clearly have done) then lie to you saying they were only driving 30-40MPH. Do they honestly expect you to belive them. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH im gutted for you. Make sure you take them to the cleaners over this. If they offer to buy you a replacement car make sure its the best one for sale and most expensive. ARSEHOLES
Well put Roy, except maybe for the murder part. Assassin would be wiser..;-)
Steve that is horrible news... feel for you.
AP brake fail... hmmm. Brain fail more like. ffs!!!
Here's hoping you get good compensation from the garage and get the car back.
There's many a good part to keep or sell on from it.
Sorry mate! :cry:

M

modifiede36m3

Thanks guys. Yes he is insured.lucky for him!!! His insurance company have contact me already which I was really surprised about. It was AXA insurance. So cheers AXA for being very efficient over this...I have been told the garage owner drives like a T**T most of the time. I will get what is owed to me one way or another. He know that as I had an interesting conversation with him face to face today!!. TBH there is not much left of it apart from a forged internal engine. I am hoping to buy it back if I can. even if it is a Cat D I have a mate who runs a scrap yard who will hopefiully be able to get it for me. Fingers crossed. The impact even folded one of the back seat down!!!.

Thanks again guys
Steve

John

Dont think theres much chance of that being a cat D im afraid, judging from the pictures anyway.

Fusion Ed

Ouch, how infuriating. I had an exhaust built for a car of mine, and when I came to get it the brakes were suspiciously hot for a 'round the block test drive', fortunately in my case no damage done, but if you get another, (and this is also what I say to people who's ecu's I've done) is its possible to put a speed/rpm limiter on them to stop them being abused when serviced etc.

stedee

that wont be a cat d mate - catd is for a scratch these days. i`m sorry for you, i would just get another, the insurance co. will probably offer you such and such ammount, what you do is cut out ads for mint cars with the same spec as yours and send them to the insurance co, i would be even tempted to sue for the loss of transport aswell or at least get a car off the garage and thrash the living daylights out of it and give it him back blowing out blue smoke.

M

modifiede36m3

I have the receipt for what I paid for the car. which the insurance said I need to send to them with the V5 and MOT. I was told as that is such a short time ago the price should still be valid so should get it all back. We will see...LIke the idea of sending them some similar cars spec and prices etc. Nice one!!! I do have 2 other cars though so not sure how I would fair with that one

Steve

M

modifiede36m3

If it is a total loss. I will hopefully be able to get the car back one way or another.

bopper

a guy i know took his supra to abbey motorsprt about 5yrs ago now and they wrote that off, the car was worth 17grand and they paid him 25grand

Mr GTiR

Steve, let me know once the insurance come back to you for what they want for the car. I have a cunning plan as discussed ;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
modifiede36m3 said:
TBH there is not much left of it apart from a forged internal engine.
Steve
I think that proves what everyone was thinking then.
30-40 my ****. :roll:

antgtir

If the chassis leg isn't bent then id buy back and probably look at a possible repair, these cars are suprisingly good when it comes to impacts.

Sorry to see this sorry sight though, never good to see. The engine by the looks of the spec was working very well indeed and would be well worth paying a few bob to buy back and then either use it in your next r or sell on to finance another build of your own spec.

good luck with the claim.

Ant.

rayman75

30-40 mph is unlikely, you just have to look at the last pic of the other wheel, they would bend out of shape or brake at the point of impact, not totally destroy itself, as said before looks like he lost it on a bend and hit the wheel on the side.

M

modifiede36m3

I went to see where the crash happened and he went straight up a curb and hit a tree. I will try and post a picture up later....