Forums suffering virus/trojan infection

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
OK well i only replaces some of the files and not all so that we could see if there was a difference or not.. Didn't look like the others were infected.. I will replace the rest soon and hopefully no more issues..

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Let me know what you're seeing after 5pm today please.. Items are uploading just now..

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Not getting warning now (with Avast) but there is a popup from the task bar saying it blocked access to a site. Other than that wirking as normal.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm getting it now with Norton.

"Trojan.Brisv.A!inf detected by virus scanner"

Edit, may be a false alarm as I dug further and it looks like my son may have reinstalled limewire after I uninstalled it before due to virus's. 22 of the above infections in his Limewire "incomplete" folder.:evil: :wankah:

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is everyone keeping their anti virus,anti-spyware, and Windows updates up to date?

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Mine is kept upto date

Nice to know my free version at Avast picked it up quicker then ones people are paying for :p

oldaneal

Im on avg and was getting trouble have put the gumblar.cn in the adblock plus on firefox and seems alot better now

antgtir

Im using AVG on the laptop but didnt leave the system on for it to warn me. As wth others the gumblar rubbish came up and basically locks the comp, so i just switched it off.

Everytime I log off the comp i have it set to delete all cookies and get rid of all temp internet files to ensure no virus's can lodge themselves there.

Going straight here to the forum section has no prob's definately only seems to be the front main page.

Ant.

R

riske

gambler.cn is whats kicking up the fuss. Only started happening over the last few weeks but why? Can we not get it removed from the site?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you cleared your temporary internet files/cookies etc?

For those that don't have Crap cleaner (changed it's name to ccleaner) download it and use it.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

What I thought was a problem above was a false alarm due to my so, so I don't actually appeared to have had a problem with this site.

I have a decent antivirus, antispyware programs and ccleaner and the most they ever seem to pick up is the odd cookie that gets through. (I have ie set to block all 3rd party cookies and prompt for new ones.