Forums suffering virus/trojan infection

MORF114

same, mine kicks up a trojan warning on the reply script my reply box looks totally different to what it looked like last time i logged on here and ive not been on the internet since i last logged in on here (sunday i think ) very strange and annoying,

geoff pine

Im now on the desk top and the sophos anti virus has detected a problem with gumblar.cn/rss/ no problems loging on to the moddifiers or other sites.

paz

Yeah I can't get onto the main site without it flogging my drive so badly I have to restart my laptop. IE7 and windows XP. I also got a message about something to do with gumblar.

Doesn't seem to be a problem on the actual forum itself if I come straight here though.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I've googled it and it seems to be only avast that complains and sees gumblar as a bad site..

I've raised a ticked with our hosting company anyway..

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Definitely fixed this morning!
I was trying to get back on yesterday to say that it was crashing both IE and Firefox for me... but as soon as I tried to open a thread they crashed.

Rishi

Can those who are still having issues update their AVAST and delete all cookies..

Its still not looking like its this site as i'm not seeing a single popup!.. Our hosting company's tech dept see zero issues as well..

Only affects people with AVAST.. Well so it seems anyway.. I even google'd it and its again only people with AVAST...

vizi0n

My Avast is up to date, and I have no cookies. There might be some rogue javascript in the site. It happened at work too, and we're using Symantec Corporate

Last edited:

Rishi

Leave that pic there and i'll take a look at the code incase its been compromised..

I have backups of everything so the menus can all be restored if need be..

Thing is, that if it is the site, then it would affect EVERYONE.. In this case its not.. Which usually means that its the clients who have been affected..

MarkTurbo

Can those who are still having issues update their AVAST and delete all cookies..
Just tried all that and i'm still getting the trojan alerts popping up. Just noticed i cant select any of the smilies on the right of the reply window either!

Rishi

The only thing i can see thats changed recently is the smilies.. I need to install an FTP Client onto this new laptop and i'll take a look at the portal coding..

Rishi

The only issue with all that is that it asks you to run all these items from the host computer which we cannot do as its all 3rd part hosting..

Rishi

Ok i went through a few things.. How does it look now.. I've not been having any issues so can't tell..

Rishi

Noticed that i cannot add smilies and inserted attachments.. But that was before i changed anything..

But do any of you still see the Redirector Warning?

paz

I see the redirect when I log into the forum, but it doesn't auto redirect me anymore

vizi0n

seems like there's less popups, but i still get one for gumblar.cn and one about the redirector in the vbulletin_quick_reply.js javascript