Forums suffering virus/trojan infection

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've had a problem with the York Raceway site and trojans, but not this one yet. I use Norton.

JIMMYBACK

I've had a problem with the York Raceway site and trojans, but not this one yet. I use Norton.
norton is the biggest piece of bloatware known to man:lol::lol::lol:...i use a few different av i.e spyware terminator with clam, nod32 also and no sign of any viruses so far8)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not getting any virus warnings, but it is flogging my drives terribly!
Definitely something up with the site.

MarkTurbo

My antivirus software goes mental and keeps chucking up trojan alerts everytime i open a new page on this site now.

I use Norton.
As jimmy said, Norton is so crap at picking up viruses it probably couldnt even pick up swine flu in mexico!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I've not no issues with any site and i'm just using McAfee v8.5

I doubt its this site as i can see nothing in the logs for opening any web page of mine..

Could be something that you've picked up that triggers when opening certain page formats, cookies, etc...

What browser are the people being affected using.. i know Firefox and others similar are very open to trojans.. I'm using Internet Explorer and having no issues..

Last edited:

bengilmore

My antivirus software goes mental and keeps chucking up trojan alerts everytime i open a new page on this site now.

As jimmy said, Norton is so crap at picking up viruses it probably couldnt even pick up swine flu in mexico!
ye, i have the exact same problem

nitrosgti-r

my norton found a trojan during a scan the other day. never had one before and not a tech head so dunno how bad this is??

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
What browsers are you all using.. You're not going to get a trojan from this weblink.. Sounds like you've been hit from something else..

geoff pine

no problems here with norton and no problems on my other lap top with avg.though av now wants me to pay £35 for the new version of a free anti virus ?

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

I always use firefox but just tried internet explorer and its exactly the same, trojan alerts keep coming up everytime a new page loads on this site.

I noticed earlier on firefox in the bottom left of the window where it shows the web address your connecting to it was trying to go to a site called gumblar.cn whilst this site was loading!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I doubt its this site as i can see nothing in the logs for opening any web page of mine..

Could be something that you've picked up that triggers when opening certain page formats, cookies, etc...

What browser are the people being affected using.. i know Firefox and others similar are very open to trojans.. I'm using Internet Explorer and having no issues..
Well it's not doing it now...
I'm running firefox and AVG behind a NAT firewall; I'm pretty sure it's not me because I've also scanned with Housecall and got nothing... and it was only doing it on this site.

Maybe it was an issue with the DNS or intermediate server?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got Firefox and using Avast AV and getting lots of errors on this site only

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I haven't had a virus in 8 years with using Norton. It doesn't chuck up alot of false positives like some other programs do.

I've done scans with alot of stuff over the years and they've never found anything that Norton has let through.

I'm using IE7

vizi0n

My Avast goes nuts at home, and I'm using Firefox 3.5. At work Symantec Corporate went nuts too, using IE.

Seems like its a Javascript trojan thing

cmng

I think those using IE will face this problem

i have this problem as well except when i use Google Chrome.. it work fine

something happen on the IE script so or

i using Kaspersky AV, before that it need to pass thru company firewall