Bobs buggered engine thread

P

pulsarboby

are you still available to tweek the pfc jim, once cars run in?
ive also bought a kit to download the maps onto laptop for the pfc pro, although i believe the map thats already loaded to the pfc is very similar to the spec il be running!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Glad to hear its coming together bob, you'll have to demonstrate its performance on track sometime for me this year :-D

P

pulsarboby

yes the sooner the better andy! missed out on a whole years woth last year so im itching to get on the track again, probably be pretty rusty for a while though untill i get back in the swing of it

Braveheart

fubar andy said:
Glad to hear its coming together bob, you'll have to demonstrate its performance on track sometime for me this year :-D
Hear hear.... :lol:
Good stuff Bob. Hope it all goes well without too many teething problems. :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

lol scotty, thanks! your one of the first ports of call btw, il be coming up with me nifty fifty taped to my helmet:shock: :lol: :lol:

Braveheart

pulsarboby said:
lol scotty, thanks! your one of the first ports of call btw, il be coming up with me nifty fifty taped to my helmet:shock: :lol: :lol:
Holy sh1t... I mean Oh great... looking forward to that day and of course the evening celebration, spending that fifty... :bolt: :lol: ;-)

P

pulsarboby

:? :shock: i didnt think you jocks liked spending your money:lol: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

well the cars all up and running again now, fired it up for the first time yesterday and started on the button8)
only prob i can see is the spacer plate is blowing at the manifold so im gonna have to remove rad to allow clearance to get the spacer off and machined flat, then im just waiting on the revised brake kit so i can start running her in and have a crack at mapping the thing, with pfc pro.

still lots of work to do though before cars ready for some curcuit action! just wish i had more time to get all these bits finished, but it will get there in the end.

kirko

i can have turbo and manifiold off in 15 mins now
so get on it bobby:lol:

what is your exact spec it would be interesting to compare maps:-D

P

pulsarboby

kirko said:
i can have turbo and manifiold off in 15 mins now
so get on it bobby:lol:

what is your exact spec it would be interesting to compare maps:-D

trouble is that its so tight in bay that the inlet is around 2mm from rad so im gonna have to remove the rad so i can get clearance to get the manifold & space plate off the studs.

rough spec is

278 piper cams
ported & flowed head
new valves & springs
greddy rocker stoppers
cp 9:1 comp pistons 86.5mm
2.0mm steel head gasket
standard but polished crank
shotpeened standard rods
arp rod bolts
acl main & bigend bearings
toda lightweight flywheel
rps paddle clutch
quaife box
700cc injectors
grade 8 plugs
z32 afm
pfc pro
3071R tubby with 4'' inlet
forge actuator
ssqv dv
19 row fm oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit (not fitted yet)
new pump, chain, and tensioner
magnecor leads
msd blaster coil & amplifier module (not fitted yet)
attain swirl pot (not fitted yet)
fmic (lagged pipework)
double core rad
wideband lambda
apexi avcr boost controller
blitz induction kit
stainless 4 branch lagged manifold
egt sensor (not fitted yet)
fan controller (not fitted yet)
battery relocated to boot
aftermarket oil catch tank

oops! nearlly forgot the spongebob air freshener in yellow n pink:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

antgtir

Sounds good Bob, spec looks very nice to.

What were you hoping for on the power / torque front?

Will be good to see it on a track near you soon lol.

Maybe we will meet and i can give it a roasting in my beast of a standard R lol.

Good luck with the run in, and im sure jim will do a great job on the map for you.

Ant. :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

cheers ant, just waiting on these brakes then i can start to run the ol girl in. im sure il meet up with you and aimee sometime this year!

andy......a spongebob air freshener will give you an extra 15bhp so stop exagerating lol, dont tell anyone or everybody will want one, especially the patrick high fragrance jobbie or squigworth will give you around an extra 30 seahorses;-) :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

just thought i would update thread lol
ok brakes are all now fitted together with big spacers lol (65mm wider stance, should be glued to track).
even managed to fit rear whiteline arb the other day:shock:
widebands fitted together with some other bits n bobs including power fc.
had car running in workshop and it all seems hunky dory, no leaks or anything bad upto yet:) sounds very sweet indeedy
had to move the big rad forward to allow me to fit fans, but ended up having to lose the complete bonnet catch assembly and adapt the front chassis crossmember, so il be fitting bonnet pins to keep bonnet down.
one day this car may actually be totally finished:lol:

still shed loads of work left to do on car, but all i need to do now is get engine run in (hopefully without blowing up this time)
but before i do that i need to get my private plates made up, get an mot on car & tax it, so i can start running it in this week.
car is absolutely covered in dust n dirt where its been in workshop so long, but i may even stretch to chucking a bucket of water over it and take a couple of photos of the old heap, must admitt that im now getting quite excited about driving the thing again and getting it on track to see what she can do!

antgtir

Sounds like youve made a positive step forward, im sure it wont be too long now until your back on track (more ways than one lol).

Its MOT time for me in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed all goes well.

Could you not have fitted the fans on the front of the radiator like Rob did and have the polarity reversed?

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

i could have ant but the rad was only around 5mm away from the turbo outlet pipe to cooler so allowing for engine movement on harsh gear changes theres a good chance it could have hit the rad, so was better to move it right forward and fit existing fans.

antgtir

Out of interest what rad have you got? I was looking into changing mine for the Koyo 53mm but im still trying to convince myself its the right move as its not always going to be on track etc.

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

dont know tbh ant, its around 30mm thick (came from car i was breaking) over double the thickness of a standard rad and has metal top section.