Big problems

marcymarc

Right, tryed turning the the crank pully nut with a socket, its as absolutly solid as a rock :shock:

Was i right to take the wheel off and take the cover off the inner wing? Couldnt seem to get to it from the top.

Last edited:

gtir_pimp

i was the guy who pulsar bobby was on about when i had the same problem last week, my engine seems to be seized and he seems to think ive fookd the bottom end shells and crank. think i have to take the sump off to check if theres bits of engine there and will know for sure! you could try that

marcymarc

gtir_pimp said:
i was the guy who pulsar bobby was on about when i had the same problem last week, my engine seems to be seized and he seems to think ive fookd the bottom end shells and crank. think i have to take the sump off to check if theres bits of engine there and will know for sure! you could try that
What exactly happened leading up to your suspected seizing?

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
Sure did mate.

No water in the bores then ?.

I've not seen many engines that can't be turned over with a big bar :? , Must be really fu*ked unless its the starter motor jammed up.

Rob

marcymarc

Odin said:
No water in the bores then ?.

I've not seen many engines that can't be turned over with a big bar :? , Must be really fu*ked unless its the starter motor jammed up.

Rob

no water in the spark plug bores at all mate.

The starter motor wouldnt make the crank sieze though would it?

I had the socket on the nut and a piece of tube on the socket for extra leverige, plus my 19 stone behind it for good measure :lol:

MarkTurbo

Did you have it in neutral when you were trying to turn it over, i can just imagine you there straining to turn it over with the car in gear :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

once again you've spun a bearing same as other guy!

another fooked engine im afraid!

Keira

marcymarc said:
The starter motor wouldnt make the crank sieze though would it?
starter motor engages the flywheel, flywheel bolts to crank.

drain the oil see what comes out,

O

Odin

diesel weasel said:
starter motor engages the flywheel, flywheel bolts to crank.

drain the oil see what comes out,

I couldn't bring myself to explain it to him mate :doh: :roll: , He is a dumbass when it come;s to cars though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Keira

yeah, im picturing him now with a stubby spanner on the crank pulley wondering why it wont move :lol:

gtir_pimp

just before mine seized i was going along at 5500rpm ish i think and it sounded like the exhaust came off but was apparently the bearings going! also tried a BIG spanner on the crank and my mates 15stone (all muscle of course) to try and turn it but was solid! still havent got round to lookin into it further as im scared its gunna be costly, but would love for it to just be a buggerd starter motor rather than buggerd bottom end. if it was the starter i promise to attend church every sunday from now on!!!!!!!!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gtir_pimp said:
still havent got round to lookin into it further as im scared its gunna be costly, but would love for it to just be a buggerd starter motor rather than buggerd bottom end. if it was the starter i promise to attend church every sunday from now on!!!!!!!!!!

Take the starter off and find out then.

If it's seized it won't be cheap, so there's no point in sitting around doing nothing.

gtir_pimp

but its hard to decide what to do as i am moving into my first flat in about 1 week so moneys very tight! dont wana sell coz i love it n would fix for certain if i didnt have a mortgage, but if i sell then i wont get much for it, so maybe keep in the garage and repair at a later stage. will get my **** in gear and check the starter at the weekend tho.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Get the move out of the way. You're unlikely to have it fixed in a week. Then start ripping it to bits. You never know, you might find a cheap fix.

marcymarc

Odin said:
I couldn't bring myself to explain it to him mate :doh: :roll: , He is a dumbass when it come;s to cars though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Holding back on information aye :roll::lol: ,im trying to learn, give me some credit :lol:

Kieron, do you suspect there could be little bits of engine floating in the oil when dropped?

Last edited:
O

Odin

marcymarc said:
Kieron, do you suspect there could be little bits of engine floating in the oil when dropped?

Do you know ?, Their is only one way to find out dumbass ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob